Proper way to shutdown K2 BlackPearl Server

We are using K2 Blackpearl in Azure, so during times we don't want to pay for the server we like to shutdown the server. We have a script to do this, but we started noticing the Server was having issues like emails were not going out, logging event were not being written or a lot of The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized, and Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Stop/Start K2 Blackpearl server service or sometime iisreset would help.

What is the proper way to shutdown the server? Should any services be stopped prior to the shutdown.

Thanks for your response!

2 replies

Badge +12

Hi Yme,

Firstly I believe it will be best here to monitor if there are any processes still running here before shutting down the server. If processes are queued here then it will best to let these complete before going ahead and shutting the server down as this could lead to potentially throw error messages in regards to emails not going out etc etc. 

‘The Object reference not set to an instance of an object' error may have to be investigated further as we will need to grab some further information from you here. You can log a support ticket via our website portal.k2.com and we will be able to better assist on this matter here.

Kind regards,

Perc

What processes would i be looking at and that those need to be NOT running? If there is a shutdown process why doesn't K2 provide that, so in case of OS patching we can also follow proper procedures. I cannot find anything on K2 site.

Chris