Solved

Preventing a form opening in model window in SP List

Hi,

I have one SharePoint list where my smartforms open up in full on the page (ie, parent window).

I have another SP List where the K2 smartforms are opening into a model window.

I haven't actually told either them to do this, but want them to always open in the parent and not the model dialogue box, but can't see where the instruction is coming from as the forms and list settings are the same?

Does anyone know where the form or list is picking up the setting thay is telling it how to open the forms?

Thanks, hopefully this is something obvous I have missed as usual ;-)

icon

Best answer by EmilyK 8 March 2019, 20:40

View original

3 replies

Badge +10

Hi JulieBird, 

If you go into the list (the one that is using the modal dialog box) > List Settings > Advanced Settings, you should see a section called "Dialogs".  Is "Launch forms in a dialog" set to "Yes" or "No"? If "Yes" is selected, can you try setting it to "No" and see if that makes a difference?

Hi K2 Developer

I had this challenge before , Please use this video "Settings on how to improve your SP Display" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PauNVN8btbA

Should you find it useful, please mark as "Kudo and/or Accepted Solution" as this will help other upcoming k2 for SP developers.

Thank You

Widson.

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member

Thanks Emily!  It was as simple as that :-)

Julie