Picker Control - Search only?

• 19 July 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

In a list view, I have a column using a Picker Control.

I want the user to look up staff using the picker control.

If i enter the UserID, the RESOLVE button fails to resolve, it requires the domain infront i.e. DOMAINUserID - I can't expect end users to enter the domain in front.

So is there any way in the List view, I can get it to do a lookup on the userID only and then resturn the results?

Also, is it possible to remove the Resolve button and make the box Read-only and JUST have the SEARCH button only for the Picker Control?

My aim is to allow end users to enter the UserID or part of a name and then the Picker control return the UserID, Full Name and Department from the AD User Smartobject

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Dear,

I hope the following points help u out with the solution, for the domain part

-u could try adding the domain programmatically for the user, like using an expression to concatenate the domain/(wht ever the user types inside the texbox) and send this expression for the input mappings or fileration for the populate picker action configuration.

-or u could just do it inside of the input mappings or filteration , u could drag drop the domain name from the right pane which is the context and then drag the textbox value where user types.

Regards

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

When it says "Unresolved elements found" the user gets confused, however if they hover the mouse over the text, it gives them the choice of picking the correct ID.

Is there any way of making the Tool Tip with the available choices pop-up automatically (because not all users know to click on the text in the picker control)

Badge +10

Was there any advancement on this?   I have a QA that would like to have the 'Unresolved elements found' standard message be customized to have more of a meaningful description. 

Haven't found a way to do this.  Thinking I might have to add actual text label with instructions on what to do if you see red squiggles.