How to create separate work area for another K2 application to be hosted on the same server?

• 21 June 2012
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

A K2 blackpearl application is hosted on Dev server. But if another application has to be hosted on the same server without effecting the current applciation would it be possible to create work area for these two different applications?
If so, please let me know how this can be done?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

5 replies

Badge +9

Each K2 project you create will reside in its own K2 folder. The processes will run independently of other processes in different folders, though they will obviously consume the same server resources if there are running processes in both folders. Does that answer your question?

Badge +1

Hi,

Thanks for your response.
An application is already hosted on a server and a new user wants to host his application on the same server.
Of course the common areas like String tables etc and even the project/smart object names have to be take care of for non interference but i basically want to know if there's any option to isolate the work areas for these two different applications so that working on one does not affect the other and the server as well, since the new application would be used by users new to this technology!
Or does it all depend on the process rights to each and every process for each and every user? (By this i mean if user A has created Process X while user B has created process Y. Are there any chances of user B accessing/altering Process X until and unless user B has process rights on process X?)
It would be really helpful if you could throw some light on this!

Thanks and Regards,
Chandrala

Badge +10

K2 sets up rights on a per process basis, So based on your question

(By this i mean if user A has created Process X while user B has created process Y. Are there any chances of user B accessing/altering Process X until and unless user B has process rights on process X?)

No as long as you setup the permissions correctly.  

Does this make sense?

Badge +9

Chris is quite right - you can use rights to prevent processess from accidentally interfering with each other. However, if you are considering having a "play" area on the same server as "production" processes, I would strongly advice against that... not sure if that is the scenario you are considering.

Badge +1

That was just what i was looking for!
Thanks very much Chris and Tim.