Smart object exception

• 16 April 2009
  • 6 replies

Badge +8

I developed a smart object having four fields. One in that has a datetime property. i changed that and tried to deploy but i keep gettin the following error

Error 1 Deploy smartobjects: Task error: SmartObjectServer Exception: Could not publish SmartObjectDefinition to server: SmartObjectServer Exception: The ROLLBACK TRANSACTION request has no corresponding BEGIN TRANSACTION.
. SmartObject: 'TrackingCommentsSO'

What is the cause of this error

6 replies

Badge +11

Is this the first SmartObject that has been deployed?  Can you deploy processes?

I would take a look at the Getting Started Guide on MS Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSTDC) and check those settings.

Badge +8
I have deployed smart objects earlier.. But this is first time i have been getting this error 
Badge +11
I would open a ticket and get the experts involved.
Badge

Any luck getting that fixed?  I have a similar error

Error    1    Deploy smartobjects: Task error: SmartObjectServer Exception: Could not publish SmartObjectDefinition to server: SmartObjectServer Exception: The ROLLBACK TRANSACTION request has no corresponding BEGIN TRANSACTION.
. SmartObject: 'ProcessComments'

C:codek2generalGENERALSMARTOBJECTSGeneralSmartObjectsobjDebugDeploymentGeneralSmartObjects.msbuild    61    6    GeneralSmartObjects

Badge +8
I havent fixed this error.. i dont know what has been causing this error.. i would suggest you to create a new one rather than wasting time on this
Badge +1

We were able to resolve the issue, just deleting the smartobject (SMO) with the "SmartObject Service Tester" tool (in the SmartObject Explorer, right-click on the SMO and choose "Delete SmartObject") and re-deploying.

Not very elegant, but worked... :D