I am new to K2 and developing basic applications. One of the application requires to generate Autonumber when user clicks on Save button.
I am seeking help on following queries.
1) How to retrieve max(id) from SharePoint list in K2? I knew in Infopath we can do it very easily.
2) How to do aunumbering to newly added items in SharePoint list?
Solved! Go to Solution.
There are a few ways you could probably do this. If you do not want to use the ID you can create a column in the SharePoint list. The in K2 Designer you can edit the SmartObject and set the field to autonumber. You may have to start with a number to make this work.
Another way you might do this is to create a calculated column in the SharePoint list called SP_ID. The calculated column takes the last ID+1.
You can also create a rule in K2 Designer on initialize to read the SmartObject and pull the last ID into a parameter. Then use an expression to take that parameter and add a number to it and save it into a field within your form.
There are a few outside the box ideas that might work. I hope this helps.
Yes I have achieved Autonumbering using following steps..
1. Use Smartobject Get List method to retrieve last id.
2. Use Expression to increment last id by 1 as new id
3. Store new id as Request No.
This works fine.
Thanks for your response.