K2 Designer Workflow Error when Adding a Simple step

• 27 August 2017
  • 2 replies

Badge +8

Okay...I have a simple workflow that pulls in emails from a shared mailbox...some folks on this forum helped me get it to work.  Anyway, I had originally built it in Studio, but moved it to designer so it could be more easily editable.  

Anyway, I figured out that I need to clear my staging table before starting the workflow, so I added a simple execution of a stored procedure as the first step of the workflow.  

Now, however, when I try to deploy it, I get an error.  

Attaching a diagram of the workflow with the new step outlined as well as a screenshot of the error.  

Anyone have any ideas?  I had this issue once before, and when I simply rebuilt the workflow with the inserted step included in the original build, it worked fine.  I don't want to have to rebuild the workflow every time I insert a new step, however...that should not be necessary.  

Thanks,

Rob

14447iBD0B610C8ACECA39.jpg

2 replies

Hello Robert,

The error you are seeing is actually just a warning. It is warning you that your For Each loop could be an infinite loop. This can crash your server. 

You can simply hit close and it will deploy as normal. 

Badge +8

Robert,

If that fails you might create another outcome on the "Create dbo" step and just put a place holder on the outcome. This might fool the workflow into thinking there is another path and not and endless loop. I have also got around this by putting an email in the middle of the loop. 

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters