InfoPath forms submitted to SharePoint not being created in form Library

• 16 December 2008
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

I have to admit this one is a little odd.  I am working on a project using K2 [BlackPearl] 807 with MOSS 2007 and InfoPath 2003.

The form uses RuntimeServices/InfoPathService.asmx  to submit the form and the form even indicates that it is submitted sucessfully.  The workflow DOES start with the InfoPath payload information intact (so that part seems to be working), but the form artifact is never created in the target form library.

While looking for a clue to this behaviour I stumbled on the following in the IIS logs (on the K2 server).  It is generating a 500 (internal server) error, every time it attempts to access the (K2) RuntimeServices/SharePointService.asmx  (which when timed, appears to be the mechanism being used to upload the form artifact). an example of the error from the log:

2008-12-16 00:54:09 W3SVC2 K2Server 137.X.X.128 POST /RuntimeServices/SharePointService.asmx - 80 DomainUser 137.X.X.129 HTTP/1.1 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+MS+Web+Services+Client+Protocol+2.0.50727.1433) - - k2server 500 0 0 1853 4309 218

I have checked the permissions on the web service and SharePoint Site Collection and see that the K2 service account has full access to both.

I have already logged a ticket, but I am being hopeful someone else may have already encountered this and can shed some light on this.  I am stumped at this point and would appreciate another one thoughts. 

Thanks!

1 reply

Badge +9
InfoPath 2003?  Not too sure if that might be a cause.  I can't recall anybody else who was using InfoPath 2003 with MOSS/blackpearl.  Have you tried testing with InfoPath 2007 to see if that is the cause?