First name and Last name

• 11 September 2017
  • 3 replies

In Sharepoint  has firstname and last name, but in k2 AD  cant able to get first name and last name there is no fields in defult,any option to get first name and last name

3 replies

Hi

The Active Directory Service Instance does not have the Return Methods for First Name and the Last Name.

Workaround: You can Use the Inine Functions for Text to Extract the First name and the last name from Display Name (try using functions like Trim, Mid and Left).

let me know if you need any additional Info, i can share the function which i developed for my Project

Cheers

Arpit

Arpit_Durby,

Actually those functions can't be used to get the exact First and last name For all Users.Many test cases will fail.

Example:

Some May have Two first name or two name as family name.

Badge +7

we use a utility from the market place called ADSO. It allows you to specify which attributes you want. We needed to get employeeId.

Here is the link it is currently working for us after upgrading to 4.7 and we have been using it since version 4.6.9.

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Dynamic-Active-Directory-Service/bc-p/97951#M790

I hope this helps it is better than text manipulation.