Sharepoint Doc Library not starting a K2.net process

• 11 February 2006
  • 11 replies

Badge +3
I want to start a process in k2 when a document gets uploaded to sharepoint doc library. I followed all the steps in the tutorial. But when i upload a file to the sharepoint doc library, no process instance gets created and i dont see a worklist created for the approval in the workspace. I have already enabled the doc library event handler in sharepoint virtual server.

I have the following setup

Windows Small businees server running windows sharepoint services 2.0
Version 11.0.7969.0

Windows server 2003 Sp1, having K2.net 2003 with sp2a.

I already have installed the hotfix from k2 for shrepoint portal server sp2.

Can anybody please help.

Regards
N

11 replies

Badge +8
The first thing I recommend you check is that the Anonymous user has rights to start the process configured. Remember that the user identity is not passed along when the event sink starts a K2 Process, thus Anonymous .

If this does not resolve your issue, check the event viewer for the SPS and K2 machines. Any errors will be logged in there.
Badge +3
Hi Dc,

Thanks for your reply. But i ahve already given permission to start a process to Anonymous. And i dont see anything in event viewer on the server where WSS is installed. there are no errors there.
So what should i do now.

Regards,
N
Badge +8
Have you checked Workspace if the process instance has started? Make sure you use an identity that has view rights in the process. You may also want to check Service Manager for any errors.

I would also suggest running your K2 Server in console mode. This way you will be able to see all the activity in your K2 server as well as any errors that may occur.
Badge +3
Hi,

There are no instances for the process in K2 service manager. Also i have checked the permissions. I have given Anonymous the right to start a process. Also i cannot see any erros in service manager since no instance gets created. Also there are now erros in console mode for K2 server.

I already installed he hotfix for shaepoint from K2. In it they have fixed the problem of firing a process when an event occurs on doc lib.

I dont know what else to do.
Badge +6
You need to enable 'Event Handlers' in SharePoint.

You do it through SharePoint Central Administration -> Configure virtual server settings -> Select your SPS server in the list -> Virtual server general settings -> Event Handlers = ON.

Hope it helps!
Badge +8
Also have a look at the web.config file of the SharepointProcessService web service, located by default in C:Program FilesK2.net 2003K2WSSharePointProcessService.

You can specify a specific connection string if you do not want 'Anonymous' to start the process - please verify if your file contains <add key="ConnectionString" value="Anonymous"/> in the <appSettings> section
or if the value is something else. In that case, ensure that the account specified there has 'start' rights on the process.

You can also run your K2.net server in console mode - you should see 'Authenticated ###' when you try to start the SPS process - the ### is the account that will require start rights.

Hope this helps,
Neil
Badge
icon-quote.gifnfaz:
I want to start a process in k2 when a document gets uploaded to sharepoint doc library. I followed all the steps in the tutorial. But when i upload a file to the sharepoint doc library, no process instance gets created and i dont see a worklist created for the approval in the workspace. I have already enabled the doc library event handler in sharepoint virtual server.

I have the following setup

Windows Small businees server running windows sharepoint services 2.0
Version 11.0.7969.0

Windows server 2003 Sp1, having K2.net 2003 with sp2a.

I already have installed the hotfix from k2 for shrepoint portal server sp2.

Can anybody please help.

Regards
N

I also face this problem too.

I have set Events On, allow Anonymous to Start the process, but still can't see any instances/ errors.

Dunno what SSP Wizard does ;)
Badge +6
Hi,

Here are a few things to check:

1. Check the 'Advanced Settings' for the document library you ran the K2.net Wizard for. It should have some details about the K2.net Event sink assembly.
2. Check the System Event Log for any entries by the Event sink - This gets entered when the event sink is called.
3. There should be a K2.net Events list in the site where the relevant document library is in - This should contain the details for the K2.net process that you want to start as well as the event that K2.net is 'listening' for. (In you case it should contain the 'Insert' event)

We have had a similar occurance last week where the event sink did not get called - We uninstalled the current version of K2.net that was on the server and installed K2.net SP3. After this everything worked as expected.
Badge
Is there another way to fix the problem or we just have to "re install" ;-)

By the way, here is the Advanced Settings of the Document Library where I want to get the Events :

----------------------------------------
Assembly Name: K2SPS2Event, Version=3.0.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d331e8e7ce48b187

Class Name: K2SPS2Event.SPS2EventSink

Properties: K2ServerName=hoptd;K2WebServiceUrl=http://hoptd:6868/K2V3/SharePointProcessService/K2Process.asmx;
-----------------------------------------

Is there any problem on the server? The server name is "hoptd" and the WebServiceURL is on "hoptd:8686".
Sure that I can connect to the WebService by browser.
And there's a K2 EventList show in the portal too, seem everything's allright.

Please give me some advise. Dun want to re install anymore ;-)
Badge +3
For what it's worth -- in case someone is searching this post and still doesn't have any answers -- I had this same problem and was able to get it to work by unchecking the box in the SharePoint process wizard in K2 Studio that says "Apply this event to document library and sub folders". I'm using SharePoint 2007, so maybe this only applies to that environment.
Badge +8
I would contact your local K2 support team because I think there is a fix for the that allows sub folders in MOSS 2007 to initiate processes.

-Eric