Solved

Customizing Worklist Control in Smartforms

• 18 September 2015
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I am using worklist control in my form to follow the work processes in case of forms.  And i want to customize this control. It has a default format that allows to right click, select next step in the list directly, open form or view flow.  11441i53CAC4059359EAE3.jpg

But, i need to disable that submenu. Instead of that, when i double clicked on a work, it must be open the form directly. And the user must see the form before approved certainly. The thing that i wanted is a simple difference. But designer doesn't allow to change. Can i edit this situation somehow?

Is that possible?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Prafull 27 September 2017, 21:09

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi Onur,

Unfortunately this is not possible and you'll have to create your own worklist control, you can't edit the code behind this control.

UPDATE

The below comment (timkn) solves your issue and the user can't take an action without opening the form.

the right click functionality , double click and disable the sub menu are not possible

Badge +10

Disabling the task's action from being shown on the worklist is done in the workflow designer (e.g. K2 Studio for example) at the client event level when you're configuring the task actions in the wizard.  There is a checkbox "Make the actio available without opening the work item" which is enabled by default.  Unselecting this checkbox will remove the action from the worklist as well as remove the capability of doing email approvals through smartactions.

Take a look at the following help topic:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.6.5/webframe.html#generic_wizards_-_configure_actions_.html

Badge +4
I need exactly the same Onur, my users don't like the idea of having the arrow at the end of the worklist to click on and then open the form for action. They just want to do a double click. We're you able to find a workaround?
Badge +2

Was there ever a response to this?

That is the default functinality of K2 worklist webpart in K2 blackpearl 4.7. You can open the form by clicking on Activity Name, Folio or Workflow name. No need of customization.

If you dont want user to give the option to take action (approve
eject etc.) without opening the form then you can configure that in user task assignemnt action.

Hope I understand the requirement correctly.

Thanks,

Prafull

Or you can create custom worklist based on the community's Worklist service broker as me.

For the actioning I used the drop down control which is being populated on each list item click/double click. I filtered the actions which should be displayed in a d-list using standard filters in the list method during the population of the ddl control.

Check attached pictures to get an basic idea.

I am on a 4.6.11 version atm so it is possible that in 4.7 the customisability of the OOB Worklist control is much more better.