Check Duplicate entry in editable list view

• 12 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hi All,

I have a requirement where i need to validate the duplicate entry for a column/item in an editable list view.

I have tried with the given solution in the forum, but the problem imam facing, after entering the first row, prssing button for new row, it is showing 'duplicate value' message, where this was just my first row of the list and there is no question of having duplicate value.

Thanks with Regards,

JD

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi,
I think the reason you solution is working that way is because it validate everything including empty fields, you might have to add a condition to avoid empty fields

Kind regards
Themba
Badge +4
Hi Themba,
Thanks for your reply. Let me explain what I did. After entering each row there is button with Click event and action is 'apply the changes'. But before this apply changes I am doing the validation for duplicate entry for a particular field.
How to perform that validation ?
I have used one outer loop for each (All) row .. inside that loop I am mapping the field value into a parameter. Then calling another rule, that performs an inner loop for each ( All) to check the duplicate value.
It will be nice, if you let me know what wrong I have done and what should be the solution for the same.

Thanks with Regards,
JD
Badge +9

Hi,

Please use below link to get an idea of how to achieve that.

https://vijaydk2guy.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/nested-for-loop-using-unbound-rules/

Regards,

Vijay

Badge +4
Thanks Vijay