Can't install

• 2 March 2009
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

I down load K2 blackpoint 0902 (4.9040.1.0) yesterday but I can't install.

When I click setup.exe following error appear.

"The K2 Blackpoint Setup Manager requires the logged on user
to have Domain User Privileges to proceed."

Install user has domain user and domain admin, local admin.
What kind of setting do I miss?

Thanks

Roger

6 replies

Badge +4

Hi Roger

Can you make sure that you are logged onto the domain and not onto your local computer when you are trying to run the installation? The groups that your user is part of is domain users, domain admin and local domain is correct.

Hope this helps,

Badge +2

Hi Wessel

I login as Domain user, not in local user.
I'm using Virtual PC for testing but I tested with real server but same error appeared.

Our AD environment is Multiple domain.

For just to confirm, I run Beta software on both Virtual and Real server.
And beta software run without any problem in both platform.

Any body has solution for this error?

Thanks

Roger

Badge +1

I am experiencing the same issue trying to install the 4.5 RC. I have logged into the computer with a domain user that has domain user privlidges. Does it need anything else??

Setup is:

Hyper-V virtual servers

Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise (Hyper-V) 64-bit

SQL Server 2008 SP1

Sharepoint 2007 SP2

Single AD Domain

Badge +9

Taking a wild shot here but did you try running the setup.exe by right clicking and running as administrator?

Badge +1

Yes i did. But i only hav local admin on the server so it didnt matter.

For the record, i had to get my domain account upgraded to domain admin for this to work. That was the only change i made. So for K2 people, this is defaintly a bug in the messagebox (should say requires domain admin) or in the installation process.

Badge

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the recommended way for solving this but you can navigate to the folder where you've extracted the K2 installation to

The search for product.config, open this file using notepad or notepad++, once it has open search for "domainusercheck"(exclude the quotes of course), once you have found this setting, change the setting from true to false, save and try the installation again