Pass form data to workflow?

• 18 September 2014
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Question about passing data entered in to the form to be used in the workflow after submit.  I have a SharePoint Smarobject that retrives a list of company locations. The list is used in a drop down list in the form, the user selects the location and the form populates location information.  After submitting the form this information is written to another Sharepoint list along with the rest of the results for the form.  I want my workflow to send an email to the originator, with in that email I would like to reference the location they selected in the form?  How would i pass that selection to the work flow?

5 replies

Badge +10

Shouldn't be too difficult to accomplish.  I created a sample workflow based around the "PotatoForm".

What you're looking for is the Item References in the context browser.

14878iE4960C18A0407188.png

Let me know if that solves the problem!

Badge +1

In my workflow the Item References is empty?  Is there something I need to do in the form during the submit to populate to populate this context?

Badge +8

K2 studio > Object Browser > Process/Activity Data > Right click on References (Add).  Add the smartobject for you are trying to add in references from.

12192i12180012F42331CD.png

Badge +1

I am not real familiar with Studio, is there a way to do this is designer?

Badge +10

Yes, there is.

Start by creating an Advanced SmartObject in designer...

11866i0E0680A5DFAA870C.png

Then drag and drop the AD entity you want...

11839i94D6189020F9FB59.png

Create bindings, I used create all...

15128iCB3E51798EDD86AE.png

Once you click finish, you should have your AD SmartObject.