Assign user task using data field not working

Hi,

I am retrieving user from SharePoint list using smartobject's get list item by title method in K2 designer workflow. I am able to get the user and storing return values in workflow data field of type person/group.

Now, I am using the data field to assign task. In view flow I can see the task is assigned to correct user, but in acctaul, task for user is not getting created nor getting any email notification for task.

Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong.

Thanks,

Prafull

10 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

In what format is the value for this Data Field?  Is it perhaps 'DOMAINusername'?  Or perhaps 'K2:DOMAINusername'?

I believe the datafield can be viewed via the  ViewFlow by clicking on the Start Activity.

Thanks for reply.

I am getting the value as user name in data field. Same value using in assigning task. I can see the user in user task action in view flow as participants with status Active.

The data field value is like K2:DENALLIXfull name which is not recognized as user. I tried changing the user column as single line of text column in list and given required value as K2:DENALLIXusername which is working fine, but the problem is it is only working for single user value. If i am trying to give two user values by ; separated then its not working.

Please let me know better way to read user from list and use that value to assign task.

Thanks,

Prafull

Use the split function to break down the semi comma delimited string for the task to be assigned each user individually 

Hello Mohamed,

Thanks for reply. I am unable to find out any string operation function in my k2 workflow designer. Where can I find that?

Thanks,

Prafull

Hello,

Use the standard user task event, and at the stage where you should specify the participants, expand the Inline functions>Text you should find a function callled Split. drag and drop this function where you would define the task participants, in the split method dialog make sure to populate the configuraton with the field where the semi comma delimited value and the define the seperator in your case it's ; 

Hello,

I pretty much have a similar scenario (Using datafield to assign task. Though the task is getting created but not the notification). Did the response provided by Mr. Mohammed work? In my case it didn't. Used Split Inline function and added Semi-colon as delimiter, still not fruitful. Task is is being assigned to K2:DenallixUsername;K2:DenallixUsername2 and so forth. Even with the Delimiter, all the users are clubbed together and K2 thinks it as a single user.

Let me Know,

Thanks,

Kaushik

Hi Kaushik,

I am using K2 for SharePoint online. So whenever I am trying to get the people picker values in data field its returning values with K2 label (K2:FirstName,LastName), which is not the correct value for Onlie. I have user ids as AAD1 for users in online, so its shows that task has been assigned but no notifications sent and there is no task in task list.

I think this is the issue with user authentication when used as data field. You can directly use the people picker value in assign task action, it will work for multiple user as well.

I am using the same as of now.

Thanks,

Prafull

Badge +8

In the workflow try pulling the user email from the field. I have encountered this issue and using the user email works every time.

Thanks,

Bryan Peters

Hello,
Thanks for the quick replies.

Prafull,

I am using SharePoint 2010 and K2 is of 4.7 version. I did try pulling people picker values in assign task action. I get 2 different people picker values, User (Value) = Display Name or User = SharePoint ID  (Since I used SP Content Service Object to create List SMO). I still could get "K2:DenallixUserName" format using Datafields to assign in User Task, Although it was only fruitful as long as there is only 1 user, multiple Users seem to be clubbed together and are assigned task. I was wondering if i could use Datafields to assign Usertask or should i go with a different approach entirely. Also, as per my requirement, I pull users from SharePoint groups. Depending on a particular dropdown list choice a different SP Group is assigned the User Task (Whom i am populating using a picker control).

Bryan,

Yes, I did pull User email from the field. It worked when the workflow step is a Notification, but if it is User task, irrespective of the addition of delimiter, all the values are being clubbed together when using datafields. (Tried Display Name, Email, FQDN ).