Active Directory OU Structure

• 30 September 2016
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I would like to find out if someone knows if anything is available on the K2 market that I can use to to retrieve the sub-structures (hierarchical structure) of the OU levels in Active Directory?   I did find an AD Smartobject method - i.e. "AD Organizational Unit" but it only returns the top level of OU's.

We want to create a user in AD with the ActiveDirectoryEvent in a workflow, and the problem here is that the users are created in various OU's - depending on the Campus, Department etc.  I'm using a smartform that retrieves most of the new user's biographical information from our ERP system and then on submit wants to start a workflow that will create the user in AD, Exchange & Lync (will use custom code that runs a powershell script for the Lync user creation).

Therefore we need to create the OU string beforehand and then send the string value to the ActiveDirectoryEvent in the workflow.  Below an example of how the string will look:

"OU=Users, OU=IT System Development, OU=ICT Services, OU=Operations, OU=Pretoria Campus, OU=Staff"

Much appreciated if someone can help.

Kind Regards,

Nicolette Engelbrecht

1 reply

Badge +10

Were you able to figure this out?

I don't even see Smartobject method - i.e. "AD Organizational Unit" in tester.

Thanks