Is there a way to get previous approvers?

• 26 April 2010
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +8
I am curious if there is a way to retrieve the approvers of previous activities. I have a VP approver who would like to see who approved the request before it got to her. The activity previous to hers has two destination slots. Am I able to get the approvers from that activity/event?

4 replies

Badge +8

You could do it in a couple of ways..

1) capture the approver in infopath's data source. and show it to the VP during his approval

2) or Get the approver using k2 code and save it in a process field and take it back to infopath..

First one is the simplest one.. try it

Badge +6

You can use the built-in SmO called "Activity Instance Destination" and with the process instance id you will get all details you need.

HTH

Badge +11

thanks for the answer; the list of approvers is a must and should be available out of the box.

Badge +3

If this is in InfoPath, you can add a field to the form which will capture the UserName of the approver everytime the form is submitted

1. Add  text boxes in the form

2. Add a rule on the Submit button:

if textbox is not empty, assign the Username() function in the text box

This will get the userName of the current viewer of the form.

Afterwards, you can include the values of the textboxes into the email that will be sent to the VP or to the metadata of the form library by uploading these to the columns, as these textboxes can now be part of the XML data.

Hope this helps..