Solved

Workflow not starting when form is submitted from a different user

• 11 November 2019
  • 4 replies

Hey all,

I'm developing a proof of concept for our college and am using a contract that our student workers have to sign as a starting form for this proof. To do this, we've integrated our K2 with SharePoint and I have the form setup to save the results to a SharePoint List and for a Workflow to trigger when a new item is created in the list. When I test it myself, the process works just fine. Currently, the only thing the workflow does is to send a confirmation email to the person who submitted the form, and to our departement shared email account as well.

I am running into an issues though, when I test this with a seperate account (I have 2 test accounts and I've had other student workers and professional staff test as well). When another account uses the form, it does create new entry in the SharePoint list, but it is not triggering the workflow (so no emails are going out). I've tried created a couple of test lists and all of them have the same issue. When I go to my K2 Workspace, I can see the instances that I trigger, but it looks like when the form is used by another account, nothing happens.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by katlehon 11 November 2019, 15:48

View original

4 replies

Hello John,

Have you verified that other users have rights to start the Workflow?  This can be verified in K2 Management by finding the workflow under the Workflow Server and then going to the rights tab.  You can test by adding start rights to individual users or to groups.

Regards,

Colin

Hi Johnsoep,

You need to grant the other account/s "start" rights for that specific workflow.

Please look into this document, specifically the section "adding rights" to achieve the above.
(https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2cloud/userguide/update_10/default.htm#K2-Management-Site/Workflow_Server/Rights.htm%3FTocPath%3DAdminister%7CK2%2520Management%7CWorkflow%2520Server%7CWorkflows%7CProcess%2520Details%7C_____2)

Regards,
katleho

Good day johnsoep;

In addition to the information provided please also see the following tutorial to familiarize your self with workflow rights.

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2Cloud/UserGuide/Update_10/default.htm#Tutorials/Build/LeaveRequestBasic/11AssignWorkflowRights.htm 

Kind regards,

Dumisani

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for the quick replies! I've sent your recommendations to our system admin for him to check to make sure that domain users have the proper rights. I don't think he's in today, but I'll follow-up with him to make sure that other users have the rights to run workflows.

Thanks again for the quick replies!