Workflow Rework requiring ID for read method

• 15 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Good Day 

I believe i have a simple rework task within my workflow where i want the User to reSubmit the form , issue is when the form opens its giving me a read error which i never get when im initially submitting the from from the start.

i know which rule it is reffering to , but under that state i can't edit any rules since they are all set on the base state.

Do i need to pass the ID through a Smart Object on the workflow ?  but which method do i use 

im clueless any insight would help. 

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
While it depends on how the rules are configured, one place to start would be to see if that DateID property is checked off as Required in the SmartObject designer and whether or not that is correct (is DateID the primary key?)
I'm fairly certain you will need to look at the base state rules to find this particular read and pass in a DateID if it is the primary key

Without knowing anything about your form logic, SmartObject, and database, the error implies the rule is using the Read method of the SmartObject and not passing the DateID which is probably the primary key.  Read, Update, and Delete methods require the primary key so they can operate on exactly one row.

You can override base state rules in other states, but you must determine how what the form is trying to do and if it needs the DateID.

yes DateID is the primary key, My issue is i only get this when on the rework task and not when im initially submitting the form. I only used one read method to pass the ID when displaying specific controls when i click on a row on the list view. i will give a look at the base state rules again to make sure its required or not but im fairly sure it is.

i have a rule that states , when i click on a specific row on a list view , display that content on the item view above. that is where the read method is placed. i can provide sceenshots if need be.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13
Screenshots would be helpful, but the bottom line is whether you actually have a Date ID to send at this point. If so, then plug it into the read and it should be good. If not, then we have to figure out where to get it from