Where are the Smarter Starters in K2 Five...

• 27 December 2017
  • 2 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +10

I always believe that good programmers wirte code, but Excellent programmers fix code.

So I was wondering where are the smarter starters in k2 Five... I believe we all are eager to see the new options at our fingertips to see those dynamic controls moving forward, progress bars dinamically moving and displaying the progress of our Views... the fade in, fade out effects presneting our views when a Navigation or Subnavigations is clicked.

Ability to take en-rich our Forms with MD5 Functions or some other crypto or 3D Barcorde functions, but we will lear much faster if we see the original Smarter Starters see all the bells & wisthles and move from there instead of trying to start from scratch based in our experience with BlackPearl.

And yes... the smarter starters should not rely on SmartBox, they should have the ability to let us choose our prefered Data Soure like SQL or Sharepoint.

Dino.

2 replies

Badge +3

I think they are going to be releasing with the "App Wizard" functionality, but am not sure on that. Also not sure when app wizard is sleighted to be released.

Badge +8

The K2 App Wizard feature that includes the ability to download SmartStarters was released in K2 Cloud Update 2 and will be available in the next on-prem K2 Five (5.1) release later this year.