Unable to create Workflow

• 7 March 2020
  • 5 replies

Badge +7

Hi,

i got this error while trying to create a Workflow

"Could not create Workflow

Something went wrong on our end, and the Workflow Designer meeds to close.
Please try your action again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator"

Find the attached image

14591i214B16793878A949.png

5 replies

Hi  @DMI007 

I did a bit of research on this. From my research I think you are getting this error because you dont have the rights to deploy a workflow.

• To deploy a workflow, you need Export rights. To set this in K2 Management, go to the Workflow Server node, and then Server Rights, and assign Export rights to the user. 

Also It may also be caused by not having the rights to create, edit or save a workflow. 

• To create, edit or save a workflow, you need K2 Designer rights. To set this in K2 Management, go to the Designer node, and then assign View rights to the user.

You can also view the following kB on k2 designer rights

https://help.k2.com/kb002722

and also you can view the following site for Server Rights

https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.3/default.htm#K2-Management-Site/Workflow_Server/Server-Rights.htm

I hope this helps

Regards 

HulisaniN

Badge +7

Hi  @HulisaniN ,

Thank you for your response,

i check both Server right and Designer right i have it as attached in the image.

But the error still occurs

Kindly find the attached image

Hi there  @DMI007 

Can you please try the following

Clear the browser(s) cache

- Perform an IIS reset or restart the IIS using cmd

- Stop the K2 server and restart it again in 'Services'

- Restart the browser

Note

While restarting the K2 server the process might be stuck on the status 'Starting'.

1. If this happens in your case, please go to Task Manager either by right-clicking on the taskbar or pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL.

2. Find and select "k2hostserver.exe" in 'Processes' tab under 'Background Process' and select 'End Task'.

3. Then go to 'Services' and restart the K2 server.

4. Try to run the 'K2 Server (Service Account)' in Console Mode to see if it works correctly. Find the 'K2 Server (Service Account)' in Start menu, right click on it and select 'Run as Administrator'.

Regards 

HulisaniN

Badge +7

Hi  @HulisaniN 

I have followed the steps.

but the error still occurs

Badge +1

Hi 

I had the same error issue. The sql server did not have any space let on the drive. 

Open your browser and activate the developer tool, select the console tab. Maybe there is some useful information there.