Solved

Tooltip - remove

• 2 April 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +10

Is there anyway to turn off tool tips on controls?

If there is no text - it displays the field text.

If you add in a ' ' space it displays as a blank box.

Our QA would like it to not show at all.

icon

Best answer by RaymondJVR 2 April 2019, 16:41

View original

6 replies

Hi  @AAschenbrener;

Remember,the tooltip text is a formatted HTML An icon (can be customized) with a tooltip displayed on mouse over it with a fade in/out effect. 

kindly follow up with the link to workaround resolution article for your problem https://help.k2.com/kb000646

You should be able to edit content as depicted in the following screenshot.

Should you find the above information useful or answered your question kindly mark with "Kudo and/or Accepted Solution", as this will help other upcoming k2 developers in the near future.

Otherwise provide us with more content so we can further assist with the issue.

Best regards;

Widson.

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Good day 

I am not aware of any out of the box ui configuration changes or properties that could be used to disable tooltips however you can use the following jquery on a literal enabled data label's text property (xss needs to be disabled).

Alternatively you can add the script to a expression and call the expression inside of the literal enabled data label's text property (xss needs to be disabled) on a rules execution.

Keep in mind that the below scripts will disable all tooltips, some script modification would be required to make is specific to a control.

<script>$('*').tooltip({disabled: true});</script>

OR

<script>$('body').tooltip({disabled: true});</script>

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Kind Regards

Raymond

Badge +10

I personally realize most of this is based on browser however, QA has stated it'd be better off completely.

If I add a ' ' into the tooltip field - in some browsers we get a blank box with a black border in some browsers nothing happens (expected response)

If I leave the tooltip field blank - it displays a box with all of the text displayed with black bordered box.

Just looking for a solution to accomodate the QA.   See image. 

I will try the suggestions provided above.

Badge +10

This worked!  My tooltips are not displaying now on the form.

Tooltip can be turn off by putting an empty space.

This was very helpful, thank you. I've modified it to look like this so I could target specific labels:

<script>$('[name*="NOTOOLTIP"]').tooltip({disabled: true});</script>

and added "NOTOOLTIP" to the end of the name of all my labels that shouldnt have the tooltip. This might be useful for anyone who comes across this issue.