SQL Smartobject limits - Export to Excel

• 18 July 2019
  • 3 replies

Hallo there,

i am trying to build a very simple solution... Customers have a Form that contains a ListView of an SQL-Smart Object.
The Smart Object is based on a stored procedure which takes input parameters and resturns the list (List Method).

The only problem is the amount of Data. The Table contains of 3.500000 rows when unfiltered using the mentioned parameters. This can cause timeouts when calling the list method.

- What i did:

- I set the Timeout in the service instance to 360 and refreshed it, recreated the smart object

- I edited "C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBinK2HostServer.exe.config" and set the timeout from 30 to 360 (then i restarted K2Service)

- I tried "Use Native SQL Execution" (true / false) --> which didnt really speed up either way

Now i am able to get like 1.5 million rows (500 row pagination on list view) in a acceptable time (like 120 seconds).

But i am not able to export to excel via "Export to Excel" method on the list view. Not even when there are less results (like 100.000 rows). For smaller amounts of Data this all works... 500 rows no problem.

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance! 

Thorsten

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

You mentioned it works with 500 rows. It seems like the issue is more related to large dataset. I'm not sure if the excel feature was designed to handle large set of data (million of records). Would it possible to limit it down to 500 rows of data per view and see if that will work? Perhaps, adding a timer control to give it more time to process the data might help.

Thanks khanh

Thorsten

Badge +10

If you aren't using K2 cloud you could take a look at the CSV Service Broker.  I haven't tried it with 100K records but we have tried it with 25K without an issue.

https://community.k2.com/t5/General-K2-Utilities/CSV-Service/ba-p/83163?nobounce