K2 solution designer issue while opening workflow

We are using k2 for SP app for creating workflows and forms for a SP library. Version: K2 Five

We have 3 workflows and when I open one specific workflow, I get an error saying below. I'm part of the site owner group and I'm able to open and deploy other workflows witout any issues.

I tried configuing the groups in permission page-> k2 solution designer and synchronise all group, but still the same. Did anyone faced the same? Any idea why this error? Any suggestion to fix it?

Select the workflow and 'Edit' ->

Error Page:

Server Error
To access the K2 Designer, the current logged in user needs to be part of the K2 Solution Designers. K2 Solution Designers can be specified by navigating to the K2 for SharePoint App under site contents and completing the Settings wizard.

Thanks!

5 replies

Hello,

When you were trying to synchronize all groups, were you doing with within the Subsite or the AppCatalog?

I would recommend trying to Synchronize all groups within the AppCatalog first, then trying within the Subsite for that Site Collection incase something became out of sync.

Badge +4

We have found that if you rename the Site where the workflow was deployed after activating K2 to that site, it no longer works to open the K2 App.  If you change the name of the site back to what it was when the site was activated, it will work and let you open the K2 App and workflow. 

@MichaelS and @jwesener2, Thanks for your note!

@MichaelS: We don't option to do it form App catalog, but I tried in the app which in site collection level rather that subsite level, but still the same error.

@jwesener2: there are 3 workflows, in that 2 are opening and one is not opening. If the site name got changed, it should be the same for all right?

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

Is the workflow in a different subsite and the subsite has break inheritance permission?

I have seen something similar to this in the past where break inheritance was applied to subsite, we ended up have to do the synchronize K2 groups permission at the root site level.

@Khanh: Thanks for your note!

Added my inline comments:

Is the workflow in a different subsite and the subsite has break inheritance permission?

- Yes, solution is in subsite. And yes, it has break inheritance permission.

I have seen something similar to this in the past where break inheritance was applied to subsite, we ended up have to do the synchronize K2 groups permission at the root site level.

- I synchronised both the level still the same issue, do we need to do it in order like root sync-> subsite sync  or anything like this? 

Thanks!