K2 for Visual Studio 2015 (5.0006.2103) Generate Handlers issue

Badge +13

I am not sure when this broke, but we recently installed 5.5 on top of 5.4 in Dev. and I am having the issue below for a 4.7 process in VS2015.

View Code - Destination Event

(!) Method 'DestinationRule_ExecuteCode' could not be resolved. Either method could not be found or method... (cut off)

Cannot right click and use "Generate Handlers" (to put custom code in the Initialized event), gets "Cannot create method in the associated activity 'DestinationRule_6ab3xxxguid'.  Make sure a class with this activity name exists.

If I manually try to copy/paste code to manually pasted initialized event, it's not actually being called when destination event runs.

https://community.nintex.com/t5/K2-blackpearl-Forum/Post-4-6-11-to-4-7-upgrade-issue-in-K2-for-Visual-Studio/td-p/200284

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hello @PYao ,

Are you opening the 4.7 workflow in the server where the K2 service is running or on a developer machine? Is there any CU/FP applied to your environment after upgrading to 5.5? Make sure you also install the same CU/FP on all machines where K2 components (K2 for Visual Studio etc.) are installed.

Badge +13

Hi Kim, I was trying both ways.  On server and on dev machine.

When I tried to run K2 Five (5.5) (5.0006.1000.0) Client Tools (likely the base), it said installed was newer, then it launched 5.5 CU5 install.   I selected Configure, it went through the analyze but failed some items, but at the end it seems the VS2015 integration issue was resolved.   (still verifying)

Do I need to apply the K2 service pack to workstation (for VS2015 K2 add-on)? I don't deploy from workstation to server but take .krpx then deploy from the server.

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Yes, you would need to apply the same CU/FP to the developer workstation to update the K2 for Visual Studio 2015 component installed to ensure that the version is aligned with the K2 server.  

This is stated in the following article: https://community.nintex.com/t5/K2-Five-Cumulative-Updates-and/K2-Five-5-5-March-2022-Cumulative-Update/ta-p/215917