K2 and SharePoint

• 3 January 2020
  • 1 reply

Dear,

I have a few questions, witch i know it should be possible. I actually want to rule multiple sites(collections) library's/lists with only one workflow/form/smartobject. I use the app catalog in SharePoint to make the right smartobject/workflow then i want to roll this workflow/form/smartobject on multiple site collections at once. One workflow to rule them all.

First question:

I want one workflow to check multiple sites collections if data is updated in librabry's or lists(Doesnt really matter witch one), what is the best solution for this case?

If i run the workflow, will it change all the existing date on those sites, or will i need(get) seperate workflow instances? 

Is this only possible with powershell or is it possible with K2(smartform) an easier way(No scripts)? 

Best regards,

Eddy

1 reply

Good day Eddy3

Please see the following and I hope others will provide something about your questions if they have.

Reusing K2 for SharePoint SmartForms: https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.3/default.htm#Create/K2ForSharePoint/Create/CreateFormsDynamic.htm%3FTocPath%3DCreate%7CK2%2520for%2520SharePoint%7CReusing%2520K2%2520for%2520SharePoint%2520Artifacts%7C_____2,

Reusing K2 for SharePoint Workflows: https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2five/userguide/5.3/default.htm#Create/K2ForSharePoint/Create/CreateWFsDynamic.htm.

First question:

I want one workflow to check multiple sites collections if data is updated in librabry's or lists(Doesnt really matter witch one), what is the best solution for this case? Following K2 official documentations.

Second question:

If i run the workflow, will it change all the existing date on those sites, or will i need(get) seperate workflow instances? I don't think so.

Third question:

Is this only possible with powershell or is it possible with K2(smartform) an easier way(No scripts)? I think yes, with PowerShell only.

Best,

Sunrise