K2 Smartform Package Slow

• 28 August 2020
  • 2 replies

K2 Smart forms take a long time to pack the K2 component. How to tune this performance issue.

The K2 APP Server spec is below,

• K2 version 4.7
  • CPU 2.90 GHz 6 cores
  • Memory 20 GB

The DB Server spec is below,

• CPU 2.90 GHz 4 cores
  • Memory 24 GB
  • SQL Server 2012

Please recommend spec for a development server.

2 replies

Hi Sumit,

- There are alot of factors to consider when it comes to performance issue when you trying to package using P&D, this could be linked to how your forms have been designed e.g. large amount of views, tabs, rules and controls. This is one possible area which you can look into.

- Aside from that Solutions containing high numbers of artifacts require more system hardware resources for processing.  This may result in slow speeds and greater RAM usage.

You may try the below and check if this will help to resolve the issue

1. Reduce the number of artifacts in your deployment package. For example, exclude unnecessary SmartObject data and separate different solutions into different deployment packages.
2. Rather deploy packages sequentially (i.e. one by one) instead of all at once.
3. Upgrade the CPU and RAM on the source and target environments.

- It is also recommended to keep the activity (Users accessing Designer, K2 Sites, Server) minimum on the target server as P&D can get busy and would need resources during the deployment

Hope this helps

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such
using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Cheers,
Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Hi Sumit,

Here's a link to a document that lists the minimum hardware requirements for installing K2 Blackpearl 4.7: https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2blackpearl/ICG/4.7/default.htm#Plan/Hardware_Reqs_component.htm%3FTocPath%3DPlan%7C_____4

Hope this helps!

Kent

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.