Solved

How to show list entries based on related ID for an approver

• 24 July 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have a form I made where a user can select multiple approvers by adding a new line to an editable list.

This list is it's own smart object and it pulls the ID of the request and saves it so that my workflow can get the list of all the approvers for this ID during the workflow.

I am trying to setup a list view to show all previous requests for the form and if someone was an approver for that ID to have the request appear.

Attached are screenshots of the form so you can see there is one view to enter all information which is its own smart object, another for attachments which is it's own object and the approvers which is it's own object.

I'd like for an approver for the request to see any request they approve but I've tried a few different things like using a list box but that didn't seem to work. 

Is there an association I could make that could have the approvers appear for the request?

14625iF87B6096F193336B.jpg
12842i0790A278C017F783.jpg
11512i8649B5FE005F0489.jpg

icon

Best answer by kateV1 25 July 2019, 10:18

View original

1 reply

Hi NShouse,

If I understand correctly you want the approvers to see what requests have they approved or declined previously ?

What you can do is try to

- Create a uneditable list view from the smartobject (where the details from the request is located)

- Set The requesters details on the aprrover's form

- you can retrieve the requesters details by using a get list method

- Map the details of the requester from the smartobject (e.g email) {in the input mapping} so that the uneditable list view will be having the requester's previous request, rater than the approvers information

Hope this helps

Should you feel that this post is of use and or an accurate solution to the raised question, I kindly encourage you to mark it as such using the 'Mark as Solution', 'Kudo' andor ‘Me Too’ options.

Best Regards,

Kate

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.