Solved

How to set condition as click save button then you can click Submit button in a form

• 11 February 2021
  • 7 replies

Hi, i have a SAVE button in a view, then have a SUBMIT button in a form. I want to set a condition in the form, only when people click the Save button in the view first, then they can click the SUBMIT button, otherwise, they can not click the SUBMIT button. How can i set that condition? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Prineel 12 February 2021, 06:15

View original

7 replies

Hi @JennyZ,

On you Submit button, you can either disable it or make it invisible or both.

On your Save Button:

You can configure the rules as when the save button is clicked, set the properties of the submit button to visible/enabled/both

Hope this helps :)

Kind Regards

Prineel

Hi @JennyZ ,

I apologise, mis-read your scenario, but the concept stays the same:

On your form, you can hide/disable your submit button and add a new event rule: When a control on a View raises an event (when the save button is clicked), then enable/unhide the submit button

Kind Regards

Prineel

Hi @Prineel,

Thank you. It is a good idea. I just tried your way, but the current problem is the Submit button doesn’t do anything after i click it. In theory, it should not affect the button function. I haven’t figured it out why. 

I used list view’s SAVE tool button, and set the SUBMIT button is “not enable” as you mentioned, then set a rule in this save tool button as “enable the submit button when click the save button”.

Hi @JennyZ,

May I ask what the purpose of the submit button is? or what rules do you have in it?
Is the submit button still disabled after you click the save button?

Im assuming your save button rule looks like this and in the configuration, you have “enabled” ticked?

Kind Regards

Prineel

Hi @Prineel ,

Many thanks for your help. I have sorted the problem. There was a lot of functions behind the submit button. such as start a workflow, show a message box etc. I think just a coincidence, after I disabled the button, then enable it again, (my setting is exactly same as yours), even i deleted the setting in the “when save button is clicked”, it didn’t work. Your idea definitely is a good way to do it. While I find there is a different way to do is : set a save function in the submit button. in this way, you can reduce the button on the form while it does the same job as you wanted. Just for future references. 

J

Hi @JennyZ 

Glad you managed to get it to work. I was not entirely sure what your scenario was but a save and submit is also a good idea :)

Kind Regards

Prineel

Thanks @Prineel