How to pass value to Smartobject with required input (UMUser)?

• 17 January 2020
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I have problem with passing value to Smartobject with required input property - in my case, it is UMUser SMO.

My view is built on different SMO and I wanted to use UMUser SMO to receive data about user Display Name, however, when I use it's Get User method I always receive below error:

"SmartObject property Label_Name is a required property for selected method Get_Users. Value must be set."

I can't seem to find a way to pass Label_Name parameter on runtime to this SMO, the only way was to hard code Label Name in SMO properties, but it can't be the actual solution due to the need of having universal solution.

Is there any other way to pass value to input parameter for SMO? 

3 replies

Hello,

It does not sound like "Label_Name" is used by you in this case.

Have you tried unticking "required" for that property on the smartObject?

Regards

/Björn

Hello, 

This error occured when we use a Drop-Down List in Listview. In Drop-Down List we set as datasource SmartObject UMUser. There is no field in the Data Source to add required fields which in this SmartObject is Label_Name. 

If you're using a drop-down list or something, you'll need to configure the 'When the view executes initialize' rule. 

In that rule there should be a 'Populate a list control with data' action. Configure the input mappings with the label (normally K2 or SharePoint). 

If this is a picker or lookup control (maybe a few others), you'll need to configure the rule event 'When the control is resolving'. You will need to configure the input mappings there as mentioned before.