Solved

How to gett he Editable List 'ToolBar' to show on a list view

• 27 December 2019
  • 5 replies

Hi,

Whenever I create a new view and select for it to be an 'editable list view' It doesn't show the toolbar at the top which has the 'save' 'edit' delete' options on (along with the ootb rules that go with these.

I have somehow managed to do it in the past as I have an example view which shows the toolbar but have never been able to find the option for this since and its driving me potty lol

I've looked in the settings tab for the editable list view and I have tried creating a view from within designer and also from the artifacts page under the 'new' tab but to no avail.

Can anyone pount me in the right direction?

WITH TOOLBAR (which is what I want)
12522i962A3C23C1514B15.jpg

Thanks, Julie

icon

Best answer by Sunrise 27 December 2019, 19:05

View original

5 replies

Badge +9

I believe you will need to select the following options under Enable list editing:

-Allow the user to add new rows

-Allow the user to edit existing rows

-Allow the user to remove rows

See attached.

Good day JulieBird

I suspect that during creation of the view only “Enable list editing” and “Enable Add new row link” checkboxes were selected and none of the others e.g. under “Edit Options” and “Additional”.

1. During the creation of the Editable List View, are you sure that you ticked at least one of the four marked checkboxes (as indicated in attachment named “ToolbarVisible”)?

2. If you have not done "1." above please do so and then verify that the “Visible” checkboxes are checked for each of the buttons (e.g. Edit, Save, etc) for the Editable List View (see attachment named “ButtonsInToolBar”).

Best,

Sunrise

Thank you both!

It was infact a combination of both replies.... The options to enable save, edit delete were not on the initial settings page when I created a list view.

They only appear under the 'create labels and controls' option further in.... I had completely missed these options because we have 30 odd controls on the list source but I only needed to tick the top 3 so never scrolled down all the way thinking I might see settings at the bottom!

I think it's more intuitive to have these settings with the others right at the start of the creation process, or as an option in the settings cog wheel once the view has been created because what if someone changed their mind half way through a design?

but at least i finally got there with your help, thanks so much.

Impressive, you are welcome. Also note  @JulieBird  that:

1. After you have created a non-editable List View you can make it an Editable List View later. For example, after the Non-Editable List View is open for edit, you can click the icon named “Create Labels and Controls” (one marked with red circle) as shown in the attached attachment named “Create Labels and Controls”.

2. After you have created an Editable List View, you can still make the Toolbar - Visible, invisible, back to visible etc., by playing around with the “Create Labels and Controls” icon mentioned in “1.” above.

Thanks Sunrise! I hadn't noticed that icon to change it after, I probably should read the manual one day lol