Fixing Errors when tasks are escalated

Badge +8

I have an activity that has a task with 2 slots and we've configured an email escalation on it. One person completed their task, but the other delayed and the escalation kicked in. However we had a malformed email address and it errored out. Is there any way to resolve the error?

• Retry does not work because we can't change the formation of the email address. 
  • I'm pretty sure if I "goto" the same activity, I'll restart both slots, which will annoy the user who did his work on time.

I'm wondering if there is a method somewhere in the management API that will "expire" the escalation. 

4 replies

Hi  dgilmour

I think we will be able to have a better scope of the issue if we can have an image of the workflow. This will allow us to know what workaround could be feasible and what is the current state.

Best Regards

Jacques.

Hi Dgilmour,

Can you please share with us more details regarding the error encountered?

Badge +8

I have an activity with a task event in it that gets assigned to two people, 2 slots.

Email escalations are configured and I forgot to insert a ";" between two email addresses.

One person finished their task before the escalation

The other person did not.

The email address on the escalation is invalid, so the process went into error.

I want to get out of the error condition without having to re-initiate the entire activity because one person is already done.

Good day dgilmour

You can solve this by following the steps below:

1. Navigate to management click on Workflow Server> Workflows and locate the workflow in discussion. 

2. Click on the workflow and navigate to the "process instances" tab. 

3. Click on the error task and select the re-direct button.

4. Enter the email adress of the recipient of the task.

5. Click ok and the task should go to the correct person.

Hope this helps. If it does please mark this as a Kudo to inform other users this is valid informartion.

Best regards 

Jacques