Solved

Error with Package and Deployment - SmartObject could not be found

• 5 April 2019
  • 1 reply

I am trying to do a P&D from our K2 UAT environment. The workflow does work as I have done testing and everything seems ok. However the P&D has an error on the workflow.

It says that the workflow process is referecing the 'Workflow_ID;User' property on the users to skip on approval smartobject that could not be found.

I went through the workflow and reassigned the artefacts which reference users to skip on approval smartobject to the one in our artefact list. But it is still erroring.

How can I find out all references to te smartobject? 

icon

Best answer by Widson 5 April 2019, 13:08

View original

1 reply

Hi Vera;

We recently had issues related to yours, at the moment I'm not 100% certain about your situation because lack of supporting content but I'm assuming your at K2 Cloud update 7.

K2 Package and Deployment Issue
When trying to create a package from K2 Cloud, the user is presented with a validation error that states the below
Workflow Process is referencing the 'Property' on the 'SMO' Smartobject that could not be found.

In most cases this event happen when t the Smartobject Properties where removed(Assume accidentally) or altered and was not updated in the workflow,
which is noted(internally) as a bug in the HTML Designer with does not flag the missing properties 

Basic steps to resolve the issue are as follows(unfortunately this should be solved manually):-

- Remove the references of the affected Smartobject in the workflow
- Deployed the solution again so it reflects a new version
- Then re-added the references again and redeployed the workflow

• Should the above prompts followed properly, the issue should be resolved, packaging will be successfully from here.

Please note this is noted as a bug, and it will be solved from the next release, where P & D tool doesn't see the unused refferenced artifacts properties during Analysis process.

Should you find the above information helpful(leading you to thye answer) to your problem, kindly mark it as a "Kudo and/or Accepted Solution" as this will help others seeking for relevant information in future.

Thank you.

Kind regards;

Widson.