Error log after K2 Five (5.3) January 2022 Cumulative Update deployed

• 30 January 2022
  • 5 replies

When I deploy the latest cumulative patch "K2 Five (5.3) January 2022 Cumulative Update" in my local "K2 Five 5.3" environment, the K2 log files do not have any errors after the deployment in the test environment.
However, after the deployment of the production environment is completed, the following error records will continue to appear:

"1140699492","2022-01-29 19:26:05","Error","SmartObjects","10702","Error","SourceCode.SmartObjects.ServiceBroker [ExecuteSmartObject]","10702 An error occurred in the WebAPISettings Service Instance. System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.WebApiSettings.WebApiSettingsJsonSerializerEndpointFormatter' threw an exception. ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.Endpoints.Common.JsonSerializerEndpointFormatter..ctor(Boolean, System.Reflection.Assembly)'.
at SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.WebApiSettings.WebApiSettingsJsonSerializerEndpointFormatter..ctor()
at SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.WebApiSettings.WebApiSettingsJsonSerializerEndpointFormatter..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.WebApiSettings.Broker.Execute()
at SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.ServiceSDK.ServiceAssemblyBase.SpecialExecute(Int32 indexOfSO, Byte[] serviceObjectBufferIn, Boolean doPaging, Int32 pageNumber, Int32 pageSize, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, Boolean includeTotalRecordCount, Dictionary`2 orderBy)
at SourceCode.SmartObjects.ServiceBroker.Broker.<>c__DisplayClass115_0.<ExecuteSmartObject>b__0(IReliableDbTransaction tran)","anonymous","0.0.0.0","CNXMNAPP07:C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","1140699492","8a45e9d02016470ab477bb878db56fd0",""
"1140699494","2022-01-29 19:26:05","Error","SmartObjects","10702","Error","SourceCode.SmartObjects.ServiceBroker [ExecuteSmartObject]","10702 Retrying the WebAPISettings Service Instance as the K2 Service Account did not resolve the issue. System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.WebApiSettings.WebApiSettingsJsonSerializerEndpointFormatter' threw an exception. ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.Endpoints.Common.JsonSerializerEndpointFormatter..ctor(Boolean, System.Reflection.Assembly)'.
at SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.WebApiSettings.WebApiSettingsJsonSerializerEndpointFormatter..ctor()
at SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.WebApiSettings.WebApiSettingsJsonSerializerEndpointFormatter..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.WebApiSettings.Broker.Execute()
at SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.ServiceSDK.ServiceAssemblyBase.SpecialExecute(Int32 indexOfSO, Byte[] serviceObjectBufferIn, Boolean doPaging, Int32 pageNumber, Int32 pageSize, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, Boolean includeTotalRecordCount, Dictionary`2 orderBy)
at SourceCode.SmartObjects.ServiceBroker.Broker.<>c__DisplayClass115_0.<ExecuteSmartObject>b__0(IReliableDbTransaction tran)","anonymous","0.0.0.0","CNXMNAPP07:C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","1140699494","288caee671b94b16968fad4c0c271a40",""

Judging from the error, it should be related to the built-in "WebAPISettings Service Instance" of K2, and I tried to refresh this service manually.
The following are the manual test records before and after the upgrade:
Before upgrade:

20220130142541.png

Refresh passes without any errors.

After upgrade:

20220130141524.png

20220130141454.png
I tried to deploy in other environments, and the same error occurs. Will this error affect the normal operation of K2? And how to solve this problem?
Thank you so much!

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Hi yingjie,

This error is usually an indicator that some Nintex K2 components haven't updated during K2 Five (5.3) January 2022 Cumulative Update. 

"System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void SourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.Endpoints.Common.JsonSerializerEndpointFormatter..ctor(Boolean, System.Reflection.Assembly).."

Perhaps, you can re-run the Cumulative Update again, please make a backup of the environment first. If that doesn't resolve it, then I'm going to recommend logging a support case to further investigate the issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

I'm quite interested in this topic, I should also install a January 2022 CU somewhere. I would be glad for further information on the status, if the matter has been resolved and possibly what was the cause. I'll hold off on installing the CU for now.

1. Cumulative Update has been repeated many times in the test environment
2. This problem can be reproduced in other test or development environments
3. It has been determined that the corresponding DLL version in the log has been updated
Version before update: 5.1008.19172.2
Updated version: 5.1008.22018.1

If similar errors do not occur actively in your local log file, you can manually perform the "WebAPISettings Service Instance" Refresh operation in the "SmartObject Services Tester" tool.

I found a new problem again. Since updating "K2 Five (5.3) January 2022 Cumulative Update", K2 Five Management=>Users=>Roles will open and report an error:

(But it was normal access before the update)
Form 'com.K2.System.Management.Form.UserRolesList' could not be found. Ensure that the form exists, that it is checked in, and that you are authorized to run the form and its views.

This problem occurs in multiple environments.

In the database, there is no record for "com.K2.System.Management.Form.UserRoles":
SELECT * FROM [Form].[Form] WHERE [Name] LIKE N'%com.K2.System.Management.Form.UserRolesList%';

I think there is something wrong with "K2 Five (5.3) January 2022 Cumulative Update", but I have updated it in production environment, can you please help me to fix these problems?
Thank you so much!

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
If you have a serious problem on a production environment then your best bet is to open a support ticket.