Solved

Error Starting K2 Service

• 14 November 2019
  • 7 replies

Hello i've encountered a problem when starting K2 Service on my Server

When i start the service via Services, it pops out an error message "The K2 Server service on local computer started and then stopped". Then i start it using K2HostServer.exe but also fails to start

when i check the log this is what causing the problem:

===============

"5827343","20*personal details removed*:04:04","Error","General","0","ErrorMessage","SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostLoadBalancedServerManager.Poll","0 System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.
at SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostLoadBalancedServerManager.Poll()","system","127.0.0.1","k2fiveonwin2016vm:C:Program FilesK2Host ServerBin","5827343","f05ffd253e4e4cc6b07056454c41aee0",""
"5827456","20*personal details removed*:04:05","Error","System","2001","ServerStartError","SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostServerEngine.StartHostServer","2001 Error Starting Host Server: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at SourceCode.CloudLinkService.Badger.BadgerLinkService.Initialize(IServiceMarshalling serviceMarshalling, IServerMarshaling serverMarshalling)
at SourceCode.CloudLinkService.CloudLinkService.TryInitialize()
at SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostServerEngine.EnrollHostableTypeInstance(IHostableType HostableTypeInstance)
at SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostTypeLoader.InitAndEnrollHostableType(String HostedTypeName, String InterfaceName)
at SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostTypeLoader.InitAndEnrollHostableTypes(String InterfaceName)
at SourceCode.Hosting.Server.Runtime.HostServerEngine.StartHostServer()","system","2001:0:2851:782c:3ca8:305c:f56b:fff9","k2fiveonwin2016vm:C:Program FilesK2Host ServerBin","5827456","e515e9a822d44d66855b95d032f75a4b",""

===============

Any Experts here know how to fix this? i've seen many post encountered the same problem but all of them are different from what my problem is.

icon

Best answer by andiak 14 November 2019, 08:14

View original

7 replies

Hi,

Did you try running a reconfiguration via K2 setup manager and see any error after running a reconfiguration? it should help us identify the root cause of this issue.

Cheers,
Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi  @andiak ,

The error you are seeing on starting the K2 service is a known issue with K2 5.3. The K2 Server service has a dependency on the K2 configuration service (run in context of K2 Service account).  

Can you please ensure that the K2 Configuration Service is running?

https://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt167340

If the service still fails to start and the server is configured to use an SQL alias, please see if the resolution steps in the KB article helps:

https://help.k2.com/support-services/kbt167575

Regards,

Kimberly 

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of information provided by any forum member.

Thanks for the reply

When i reconfigure using k2 setup manager, 2 error come out

i've attached the screenshot

The Account Setup etc is exactly the same as before nothing changed

When i try to repair nothing changed.

The Configuration Service is already running

I also check the kbt167575, but i can't find the K2 Configuration Service Log, where is it located?

Since i'm running k2 5.04 but the document said that this error is in k2 5.3

Thanks

Good day andiak, 

The versioning name convention of K2 can be a bit tricky to understand, I assume your versioning is currently (5.0004.1000.1) this is K2 5.3 as the version for K2 5.1 is (5.0002.1000.0). What this means is that we start with our versions from  (5.000"1".1000.0) which is K2 5.0. If we take "5.0004.1000.0" as an example:
5         = K2 version "K2 Five"

.0004 = Version of K2 product (K2 5.3)

.1000 = Indicates Installed Fixpacks and Cumulative Updates.

.0        = Indicates the Release of the installer Version.

Following the above mentioned the file can be easily found here: C:Program FilesK2SourceCode.Configuration.Api

Or see the uploaded PNG image named "comm3.png"

Best regards,

Dumisani

Hi,
This happened to me once, and I had to stop the configuration service before I started the K2 Service using service account and re-started the configuration service.

Thanks For Everyone who replied

After some digging into the error cause (String is not recognized as valid DateTime)

It seems the cause of the problem is the date configuration of my server. I set the date to display dd-month-yyyy, after i change it to MM/dd/yyyy it somehow fixed itself.

Its weird since before this happens everything was working as usual until this problem surface.

Thanks