Solved

Create Custom Filter For all form users (Not just my own user profile)

• 21 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello Community,

I have created some very helpful quick search filters for one of my forms (about 8 different custom filters).

11093i8BBAE36DDBE15961.png

I understand that other users using the form do not have the ability to use my custom filters because they are user specific, however I was REALLY HOPING maybe you all had a better solution/Hack to allow other users to use the filters (other than the obvious… having the other users manually create all 8 filters on each of their user profiles). 

Any help is very much appreciated :).

icon

Best answer by lilpancho11 12 January 2021, 22:11

View original

2 replies

Maybe this will help someone in the future… My Workaround:

I created a drop down list using static values (the values being the custom filter name).

Then I added an on change rule for the drop down with if statements; when the drop down value has changed - execute the list method and filter the list based on the user selected filter drop down value.  

Example (my filter criteria is much more complex but for the sake of the example, I simplified things):

On InventoryView, when Inventory Filter Drop-Down List is Changed

If on InventoryView, Inventory Filter Drop-Down List = Internal

then on RunninInventoryListView, execute the List method (filter where Inventory Type = “Internal”)

If on InventoryView, Inventory Filter Drop-Down List = Catalog

then on RunninInventoryListView, execute the List method (filter where Inventory Type = “Catalog”)

and so on….

Badge +5

I did the same thing too :)