Change Task deadline

Badge +4

Dear All!

The Accountat add a Deadline for the Reviewer. After the Reviewer get an email with the task link, he open it, and notice the Deadline is too close so they need to ask the Accountant to change the Deadline (phone or email). Is it possible the Accountant change this deadline without Reviewer sending his requests back to him?

Thanks 

Laszlo

11900i5AE323BB7C79578F.png

13083iEFB388BE697A3D0F.png

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi Laci,

It sounds like you might want to use Email Remainder on the task as another approach to the workflow deadline. With workflow deadline setup, it will reach the end users and they will have the option to decide the task result (None, Expired, or Approved). Regardless of what task result they choose at the time, the deadline will always set an expiration on the Step so that the workflow can move on. In your case, I'm not sure if there is a way to extend the workflow deadline.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I would recommend giving the review a workflow action to request an extension, which sends the flow back to the accountant. If you use Smart Actions, this request for an extension can be made via e-mail.

Badge +4

Thanks, but the problem is

There is an organization tree. Top of, there is a Leader , below him, several Managers and below every Manager severeal Worker (W).

The Leader forward the task with Due date to the Manager1, Manager2, ManagerN - these Due dates are different 

The Manager1 forward the task with another Due date to Worker1, Worker2, WorkerN - these Due dates are same

Every task need an email reminder: The logic is: Due date - 24 hour

The problem is, if the Worker1 should like to change the Due date he need to ask it for his Manager. The Manager has three option: Escalate it to the Leader, Approve the reqest or Reject it.

We use K2 Five so there is a subworkflow which is helpful this, but the I think the main problem is how can we design the workflow.

I think the main problem is the Reminder email when to send out.