Solved

Auto-disable form on specific date

• 12 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I created a registration form for an event and wanted to setup a rule to auto-disable on a certain date and time. So I added hidden controls that use the transfer method to auto-fill in the date and time so that once it hits that date, it would disable the form but it doesn't seem to be working. The rule I created is attached. I have it set for today at 10:50 AM EST in Dev for testing and would change it to the requested date/time in Prod once I get it working.

After doing this I realized that after the time changes from 10:50 to 10:51, etc that probably would disable this rule again anyways. So I have a few questions:

1. Is there a better way to schedule a form to disable automatically? Ideally, we want this form to disable on 8/30/2020 at 12:00 PM ET. 

2. Is there a way to keep it disabled until we re-enable it or if using the answer from question 1, will that keep it disabled until we re-enable it?

Thank you in advance for your assistance, I really appreciate it!

icon

Best answer by ThinusC 12 August 2020, 17:41

View original

2 replies

Badge +10

Hi mccoyp

You can try the following:
Create an Expression on your form with the Now() operator. Call it NowExpr.

Then in your Form Rule, add an "if advanced condition is true" with NowExpr >Greater Than 2020-08-30 10:00:0Z (time needs to be in Zulu time)

Then build your rule from there.

Hi,

1. You need to create a new rule that starts with an event . Select the: "When the form raises an event" rule and then select "Initializing" for the rule. I have attached a screenshot of how it should look like. 

2. You can use an advanced if statement to keep the rule disabled until you re-enable it or just try and set another if statement to re-enable automatically it on a specific date. Ive attached a sceenshot what your advanced if statement should look like. Hope this helps :)

PS: I used the calender control for testing and set the control to the current date and time for testing.

Kind regards 

Prineel