Workflow

• 30 March 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +6

Symptoms

After saving a workflow that was created from our SharePoint list, when trying to open it back up for edit, the customer gets an error:
[XML_MissingRoot]
Arguments:
Debugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem. See http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/DllResourceIDs/Default.aspx?Version=5.1.41212.00andFile=System.xml.dllandkey=xml_missingroot

Diagnoses

The customer cleared their cache and tried opening the workflow in different browsers. Labs offered a link to attempt to find out from where they were hitting the error if coming from the web service call.

Resolution

Resolution: Customer opted to start the workflow over from scratch.

2 replies

Badge +10

I have got this error twice and lost my workflow. I am not sure but I think error occured when I tried to delete an outcome in web based designer. And second time, Workflow was using a smartobject(SharePoint list). A column was deleted from that list but column was still in use in Workflow. I regenerated workflow without removing column from Workflow. Again I am not sure if this is what caused issue.

H46Hoya

Do you remember what you were doing when you got this error? Error is very frustrating and has caused a great deal of rework to me.

Badge +8

i'm getting the error.. anyone able to provide light on fixing.. don't want to start over