Error: NT AUTHORITYANONYMOUS LOGON does not have permission

Badge +1
Hi All,

I've this error: "NT AuthorityAnonymous Logon"when I try to connect into a smart form. But I'm able to logon to workspace using that account?

What went wrong with my configuration. O btw I have follow the forum, unchecked anonymous access in IIS. Both IIS and K2 are in the same server. I'm using Window 2003 Standard, is there any issue to this?
Please help
Thanks
Patrick

12 replies

Badge +8
check if the following settings exist in your web application's web.config file:

<identity impersonate="true" />

<authentication mode="Windows" />
Badge +1
Hi NeilM,

Thanks for the tips. Both setting is already exist in my web application's web.config file. Could this be happening due to my window 2003 setting instead?

Regards
Patrick
Badge +11
Does your SmartForm solution's site start under the same AppPool ID as the K2V3 site? If not, change it and do an iisreset.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +3
Hi all,

I've been following this discussion with interest. I'm get the following error attempting to navigate to a Plan Page:

NT AUTHORITYANONYMOUS LOGON does not have permissions to start the process

Is this the same error being reported?

The web site is not located on my K2 server. Using DBGCLR I can see that everything executes without error.

I notice the following code in InitializeComponent:

Me.URL = "http://localhost/CAR/AccessRequest.aspx"

Do I need to reset to the complete path of the page on the development server? How does Me.URL figure in this process?

+++

Also, in the K2 Default Client event I'm setting the Web Page URL to:

[{K2.StringTable("Server Name")}]NetworkAccessDone.aspx?sn={SERIALNO}

...where "Server Name" is the name of the server that will serve up the page. I figured I could then change that value dynamically. Is that a reasonable expectation?

Thanks!
Badge +4
Hi Arnold,

Your error is most likely cause because of the seperation of K2 and IIS, this requires Kerberos be enabled for the correct passing of credential. the following KB article should help you along.

http://kb.k2workflow.com/Articles/KB000123.aspx

Any path that have been hard coded will need to be changed. String Tables are the preferred method for this kind of thing, so yes that is the best way.

Ashley

p.s it may be an idea to start a new thread for any further questions as these two matters are unrelated.
Badge +3
Thanks, Ashley.

I'm reading the document, now. It loks like I'll need to get a network administrator involved.

You said that the error most likely occurred because of the seperation of K2 and IIS. So, if I install the application on the K2 server, these problems might go away?

Thanks again!
Badge +11
Yes, as long as you follow Neil's suggestion on the entries in your Application's web.config file - You should not run into the same problem.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +1
Hi Ockert,

I have followed what both Neil and your advices, But the problem still arise. I have few questions here.

1. Could it be my server setting like folder access that is causing this?
2. Could it be my application design that causes this?

Please advice.
Thanks
Badge +11
Hi Patrick,

1. Could it be my server setting like folder access that is causing this? I don't think so. I think if it was a permissions issue, your error message would have been something in the line of 'Authentication Failed' or 'Insufficient permissions to access...'

2. Could it be my application design that causes this? Again, I don't think so - it falls over even before it gets to the actual application code.

In my opinion, it is an IIS issue and more specifically I think it is a problem with the AppPool your web app is running. Have a look at the web app's AppPool and make sure that the AppPool is started under a domain account and NOT Anonymous.

Hope it helps,
Ockert
Badge +1
Hi Ockert,

Thanks for the helps you provide this few days. I have set the AppPool to start under a domain account. The results are the same. Workspace is able to login but apps is still having same error.

:?:

Regards
Patrick
Badge +11
Patrick,

Sorry, I'm out of ideas. My only recommendation would be to open a formal support ticket for this so that our support staff can have a proper look at your setup and application.

Regards,
Ockert
Badge +1
Hi Ockert,

Thanks for the help, I will rise a formal support ticket for this.

Cheers
Patrick