Drop down list control and & value

Badge +9

Dear Support,

I have seen this issue of encoded value '&' for & and thought that it has been fixed but I am getting the same issue here. I have a DropdownList Control that pulls the values from the custom table using stored procedure smartobject. One of the list value is "G&M". When I save this value in the data-field, it saves as 'G&M'  and that is causing the problem. It does not recognize as list value when a view cotrol load the value from the data-field into the form.

Please help. Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi IPO,

Please can you confirm on which version of K2 you are running as I have tested this on K2 SmartForms 4.6.11 with a out of the box SmartObjet and View where the result was that the value "G&M" was saved to the SmartObject correctly (See screenshot below) and it was displayed correctly in the DropDownList (See screenshot below).

Therefore this leaves me to believe that it might have been an issue that was fixed in a release somewhere along the line. However if you are using a data type other than Text inside on fyour SmartObject it might also be the cause.

15156i595BC87E32A44255.png

Kind Regards,

Ryamond

Badge +9

Hi Raymond,

I am saving the dropdownlist control selected value 'G&M' into the data field of the workflow. It's data type is text . It saves as 'G&ampM'.