Anonymous Form Submission

• 11 January 2016
  • 5 replies

Badge +8

Hello Community,

I have a client that would like to have users who are logged in to submit a form Anonymous.  The User will only be able to submit the form once. So the user would have to be logged on to be able to access the form but when they submit the form its all done Anonymous. I know with Nintex Live you can set it up for Anonymous users to submit. Any insight into this please advise.

Thanks,

Kevin

5 replies

Badge +11

Hi Kevin Kittinger,

In my opinion, you cannot restrict person to submit more than once if they are submitting anonymously. To prevent them from submitting more than once, you have to store the reference of their account ID somewhere and this way you will know who submitted.

For anonymous submissions, you can create a separate web application that allows Anonymous access or enable it for the existing one. See further details here: InfoPath – Allowing Anonymous users to Submit Forms in SharePoint 2010 « Clayton's SharePoint Madness

Also, workflows cannot be triggered by anonymous access. Hope someone has another opinion.

Badge +8

Kapil Joshi

Thanks, that was more or less my train of thought. I just wanted to see if there where any options out there otherwise that could be done.  Will see if any others respond to this.

Badge +4

Hi Kevin,

It would depend on how 'anonymous' this needs to be.  Does it need to be no record of submission or is not knowing who submitted what enough?

You could:

1. On submit start a workflow to recreate the user submitted item in another list using stored credentials.
  2. Delete the user submitted item.
  3. Add user ID into a separate list.

This would give a separate list of user IDs to check against, but does not provide a link of user with a specific item which has been added.  Allowing you to track if a user has submitted but not what they have submitted.

Of course the time stamps would allow you to tie things up if you were inclined to go digging.  You could possibly workaround this by using:

• Site workflow to recreate list items every so often, jumbling the timestamps.
  • If you know all users you could start with a user list pre-populated and drop users out as they submit items.

I hope this has given some possible ideas.

Cheers,

Barry.

Badge +11

‌, Have you resolved this issue? Please provide your resolution to help others on the community.

Badge +7

Hi Kevin Kittinger

May this blog post helps you: