Nintex approval: Move document after being approved

• 2 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Greetings all,

I am new to Nintex and have struggled (but successfully) to setup a basic approval workflow process. So the following tasks I need help with might be very basic functions, so apologies in advance!

Now, I'd like to have a function that moves the document that's been approved or rejected to a certain folder such as "Approved files" or "rejected files". 

In addition, I'd also like to have a "timestamp" on the approval process where the "approver" has a certain time limit, say 10 days, before the document in question is automatically approved.

Can anyone help me with setting up these two functions?

Thank you very much in advance!

Julien

3 replies

Badge +12

@Julien_X_K  use flexible task for this. It gives the option to send task notifications, reminders and also how you want to escalate if you don't get response on time.

Also when you open each action to configure, there is an help button on the top of each action which shows help topics for that particular action.

Badge +1

Hi Kunal, 

Thanks for your response,

I've tried flexi-task but it doesn't seem to answer my need as the escalate function only sends a "auto-approved" label but doesn't actually approve the document. For instance, I would like the "approval" to be followed by copying the file into another document "approved files" that I created but the escalate function does not provide that. Unless if I'm missing something, flexi-task doesn't seem to do it.

Badge +12

@Julien_X_K  in Flexi task, select complete task as escalation type and in the outcome you select approval. Then in the approved branch of the Flexi task, add the logic to copy the document to another library and after that put commit pending changes and then delete the document from the current library.