cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing: Nintex Add-in for Outlook

Not applicable
24 32 13.7K

We're very excited to announce our latest innovation - Nintex Add-in for Outlook!

Nintex-Outlook-Addin-64px.png

Nintex Add-in for Outlook is a brand-new way to experience Nintex from Outlook.  Make your users more productive by interacting with Nintex Workflows in the context of email, seamlessly inside of Outlook.

With Nintex Add-in for Outlook, users can:

• Quickly and easily respond to Nintex Workflow tasks from within Outlook
  • Add comments to tasks providing context to decisions
  • Rapidly progress a workflow without having to transition to a browser
  • Increase productivity whether using Outlook on the desktop, the web, or even a smartphone or tablet

screenshot c1 - desktop.png

Nintex Add-in for Outlook activates when receiving any “LazyApproval” email from Nintex Workflow.  Simply open the Nintex Add-in, enter a comment if desired, and select your choice from the list of options.  Nintex Add-in for Outlook works with existing workflows without requiring any updates to Nintex Workflow software or to the workflows themselves.

Nintex Add-in for Outlook is available for free download from the Office Store , and requires that the user have access to a licensed version of Nintex Workflow 2013 or 2010.  Nintex Add-in for Outlook is compatible with Outlook 2013, Outlook Web App, and Outlook Mobile apps Android and Windows Phone.

Instructions on installation and usage are available here.

Note: Nintex Add-in for Outlook does not yet support Nintex Workflow for Office 365.

We are planning on adding more capabilities to this Add-in soon, so please download and try it – we’d love to hear your feedback and suggestions for improvement!

32 Comments
fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Great! That was asked by many users when they use Lazy approval.

Not applicable

great but when will this work with sharepoint online?  I only use sharepoint online and this would be a great feature.  Nintex add in for Outlook really needs to work with O365 SPO.  Do you have an estimated delivery date for that compatibility please?

thanks Rob

Not applicable

Hi Rob,

Glad you like the new capability!  SP Online support is planned but we don't have a firm date for you yet.

Thanks

Trevor

markuden
Nintex Newbie

This looks really interesting, but all our users are still on Outlook 2010, so are there plans to develop an add-in for this?

Thanks,

Mark

Not applicable

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your note!  There are no current plans for earlier versions of Outlook, but feel free to add the request to our feature request list and if there is enough interest we'll certainly consider it.

Thanks,

Trevor

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

This is awesome!!!

Automation Master
Automation Master

Yes, really need this for O365 as comments left for Lazy Approval is not consistent enough to provide feedback through SPO.

Automation Master
Automation Master

But love the functionality!

Not applicable

Hi Andrew,

Glad you like it! Can you explain a bit further what you mean by “comments left for Lazy Approval is not consistent enough to provide feedback through SPO”?

Thanks,

Trevor

Not applicable

I'm having an issue getting the add-in to work.  I've checked all the prerequisites at http://help.nintex.com/en-us/addins/Add-ins/OutlookAddin.htm and we meet all of them, however, when the add-in runs (in both Outlook 2013 and OWA on Exchange 2013), when I provide my credentials in the 3 fields, an error message of "Impossible to communicate with Nintex. Check the URL provided."

The URL appears to be OK as I can simply click on the standard "Click here to view the workflow status." and jump straight to the workflow task.  This same server is able to support authentication via Nintex Mobile Apps just fine too.  It's not clear how to begin to troubleshoot the issue.

Any ideas?

bschott
Nintex Newbie

This looks very promising. Reminds me of the OOTB SharePoint functionality and the ability to respond to task from within Outlook. That said could someone from Nintex please clarify something from me? Does this new feature only work with “LazyApproval” or can it be used independently?

Not applicable

Yes, the Add-in requires LazyApproval to be activated on Approval Task and Flexi Task actions in order to have the email sent to approvers include the task token in the email's subject (iirc), which is the token the Add-in is looking for. 

Not applicable

Simon, I'm following up with our team on this. Will post back when I hear from them.

Thanks

Em

bschott
Nintex Newbie

Thank you very much.

brad_orluk
Nintex Newbie

Well done, Trevor! This is a great addition to the product!

serdar
Nintex Newbie

Well Done. Really great news.

Thank you.

alexjolynintex
Nintex Newbie

I can't wait to get the question again from a customer. "Can you answer a task directly in Outlook?" YES YOU CAN!

Great work team!!

Not applicable

Cloud first... please  : )

Not applicable

totally agree Daniel O365 SPO first please - we have to wait to the end of this year for this totally brilliant feature .  shame that

Automation Master
Automation Master

Totally agree!

Automation Master
Automation Master

Thumbs up from me on this. Anything that makes our dinosaurs happier to embrace change is good. And most of them live in Outlook, so keep it going.

Not applicable

Great; moving in the right direction. Another aspect of this integration is that users want to initiate a workflow directly from within Outlook (i.e. without going to SharePoint). Can we do this please?

Automation Master
Automation Master

Captain Orjiugo​, I recommend a vote in the UserVoice for this request. I just voted too! IInitiate a workflow from within outlook – Customer Feedback for Nintex

mariaorza22
Nintex Newbie

Hi Rob,

Is this fuctionality now available for O365?

ThanksSmiley Happy

murphybp2
Nintex Newbie

According to the description on the Office Store, this works with O365 also. https://store.office.com/en-us/app.aspx?assetid=WA104379537&sourcecorrid=01b3a6f6-533c-4b90-b7ab-331...

wdupless
Nintex Newbie

Good Day All,

Do you know if this Nintex Outlook App Supports Office 365 (2013), We would really love it if this could work in our environment. We recently updated the Nintex Form and workflows (2016) and would like to promote this as a new feature as well

if not, is there perhaps an eta to when this might be supported?

Kindest Regards

dan_white
Nintex Newbie

According to ‌ in his comment above and the description in the Office Store, YES, it now supports Nintex Workflow for Office 365! 

wdupless
Nintex Newbie

Wonder why it is not working then

Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hey Guys,

I'm going to ask for the wording to be changed because I think it's a little confusing.  What add-in supports in regards to 365, is for those companies who are still on-prem for SharePoint, but using Office 365 for their email.  The add-in doesn't currently support Nintex Workflow for Office 365 tasks.

Vadim

seid
Nintex Newbie

Can I get the installer package of this Add-in? We're having an issue installing it from the store directly. Please advice.

wdupless
Nintex Newbie

Thanks... That would help, But it would be amazing if you could get the add on to work on prem office as well..

This could with alot of user issues Smiley Happy

Thanks anyways!!!!

brightlight
Nintex Newbie

Great Functionality! Two request:

• Can it be single sign on. Like it takes the log in information from outlook? And also do not have to sign in multiple times if you happen to close outlook.
  • Can we also get start form embedded in outlook? This would be like infopath form back in the days, it would be awesome.

Thank you Thnak you!