K2 IPC Process will not fire when I send data to it

• 23 January 2013
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

I am executing a sharepoint search to identify process documents and then transferring that data to an IPC process-level XML field.  I have confirmed via email events that the field in the parent process contains the data I need. However, for some reason the IPC never fires when I try to send it the XML data.  If I do not send the IPC any data, it fires just fine.

I have called the field “instanceDocumentData”.  If I run K2 in console mode I see the error “Debug 28042 IPC Failed to Start: 28006 Datafield instanceDocumentData not found”.  However, the data field is there.  I have deleted and recreated it both within a K2 IPC wizard and outside of any wizard.  The service account has start permissions to both the parent and child processes.  Anyway, it seems that there is something wrong with the data transfer here – perhaps something is wrong with either the source or destination data source. 

Any ideas?  I get this for multiple fields by the way.  If I try to send the data to the child field WFIProcessinstance, it also says it is not found.. but it's there!

6 replies

Badge +9

Best would be to open a support ticket for this issue. Feel free to update the thread once you have a resolution.

Badge +6

I have a ticket open on this but wanted the post it here in the meantime to see if the community could help.  I am told by support today (Blake) that the issue is reproduceable but troubleshooting is ongoing.  I will try to post the update here and hopefully resolution when I get one.

Badge +9

Great! thank you for the update.

Badge +6

in the meantime I really need a workaround for this..  What I am trying to accomplish is searching through a SharePoint list and firing off a separate process for each document in the list (library).  Can this be accomplished with a SmartObject without having to copy data via XML between a parent-child process?

Badge +6

I have almost figured out a way to do this using a SmartObject instead and transferring a data field to the IPC which seems to work.  However, I can't seem to kick off more than one IPC (one for each document).  The slots appear to be created.  I expect to see 6 slots, and I see 6 slots in the view flow.  However, only the first IPC appears to fire.. the rest say "Sub-process not available".  It is a very strange issue.  Ideas?

Badge +9

Hi, i had a look at our support system and found "K2 Support Ticket #49565", did the resolution resolve your issue? Feel free to update the post incase somebody else run into the same.