Cancel out of K2 for SharePoint Configuration Wizard

• 11 April 2011
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Is it possible to cancel the K2 for SharePoint Configuration Wizard? 

After an upgrade the wizard won't progress to the Post Deployment Configuration Page and once the Wizard is started all K2 Administration pages in Central Admin redirect to the Wizard.

Thanks,

David.

2 replies

Badge +10

No sure if this is exactly it but I ran into a similar sounding issue before in 4.5 1170.  Here was the key parts of the resolution.

//force jobs to run on SharePoint servers.  Do this on each Sharepoint server if you have multipe ones.  I would start with your application server first and then the web front ends

"C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12BINstsadm.exe" -o Execadmsvcjobs

Try K2 SharePoint Wizard again as you might now be able proceed.  If not try the steps below.

//Workaround to not activate features on all web applications for 4.5 1170

The order of execution is important:

1)  Browse to the site (ConfigDeployment.aspx) where you are stuck by opening the CA and clicking on the “K2 for SharePoint” Tab, alternatively open the “K2 For SharePoint Configuration Wizard” icon on the desktop.

2)  Browse to your SharePoint 12 Hive (C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12 on my machine)  * This path will be different with SharePoint 2010

3)  Open the ..ConfigK2 folder from the 12 hive (C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12CONFIGK2) 

4)  Find and open the “K2ForSharePoint.config” file

5)  Modify the file:

<Type>None</Type> should be <Type>Upgrade</Type>

Find all Feature nodes and modify the Action Attribute

Example:

From

<Feature Id="CBBF76E0-3FAE-4890-90A0-4AFA273B3363" Action="Activate" Force="True" />

to

<Feature Id="CBBF76E0-3FAE-4890-90A0-4AFA273B3363" Action="None" Force="True" />

6)  Save and Close

7)  Important: Click the “K2 for SharePoint” tab or refresh the page (ConfigDeployment.aspx)

8)  Select “Navigate to 'Activate All K2 Features and K2 Configuration Settings' page in order to activate the K2 features to the first site collection.”

9)  Click Finish

*  Note we ended up having to repeat 4,5 and 6 as the K2ForSharePoint.config Type element got reset to None so double check that as you try regoing through the wizard.

Badge +3

Thanks for your reply, Tim.  I'll definitely keep this handy for instances when a feature won't activate successfully.

I ended up running a Repair on the K2 blackpearl installer.  This caused the Wizard to be restarted and it was able to run to conclusion successfully.