Email Notifications in Default Client Event (Blackpearl 4.6)

Badge +6

I just installed K2 Blackpearl 4.6 and am currently experiencing an issue with email notifications in the default client event of my workflow project.  What's happening is that the email notification never gets sent.  I know there have been posts written about this, but I've not been able to find a solution.

Before I installed 4.6, I had K2 Blackpearl 4.5 installed, and I never had this issue in 4.5.  Here's the error I'm seeing in the event viewer log:

"744891","2012-04-20 13:51:44","Error","MessageBus","61007","SendMessageException","MessageBusRuntime","61007 Permanent failure sending message Request Approval: System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. ---> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it xx.xx.xx.xx:xxx
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Int32 timeout, Exception& exception)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.ServicePoint.GetConnection(PooledStream PooledStream, Object owner, Boolean async, IPAddress& address, Socket& abortSocket, Socket& abortSocket6, Int32 timeout)
   at System.Net.PooledStream.Activate(Object owningObject, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback)
   at System.Net.PooledStream.Activate(Object owningObject, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback)
   at System.Net.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Object owningObject, GeneralAsyncDelegate asyncCallback, Int32 creationTimeout)
   at System.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.GetConnection(ServicePoint servicePoint)
   at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
   at SourceCode.MessageBus.Imap.SmtpDestination.Send(String title, MessageExtendedInformation extended, IEnumerable`1 attachments, MessageBodyReader[] messageBodies)
   at SourceCode.MessageBus.Server.MessageBusRuntime.SourceCode.MessageBus.IMessageDestination.Send(String title, MessageExtendedInformation extended, IEnumerable`1 attachments, MessageBodyReader[] messageBodies)","","","[server name]:D:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin","744891","6a674cc755694b3b91e5094213552473",""

I ensured that the smtpserver value in SourceCode.EventBus.EventAssemblies.dll has the correct value.

Any ideas??

12 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

By the looks it seems that your notification is trying to use SSL ports to send the notification mail instead of port 25. Download the Connection string editor tool. Place it in the HostServerin folder and run it. Change the SMTP TLS settings to NONE if they are BOOTTLS with port 25.

http://www.k2underground.com/groups/k2_connection_string_editor/media/default.aspx

Let me know if this helps.

Vernon

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

One more thing, remember to create a backup of the K2HostServer.config.

Badge +6

I downloaded the tool to K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin.  However, when I run it, I get an unhandled exception error message, with the following description:

Failed to decrypt using provider 'K2ConfigurationKey'.  Error message from the provider: The RSA key container could not be opened. (D:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHostServerBinK2HostServer.exe.config line 82).

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Ok so you copied the exe to the HostServerBin dir and did you run it as the K2 Service account?

HTH

Vernon

Badge +6

Yes, I had copied the exe to the HostServerBin dir.  I was able to get the app to launch once I ran it as the K2 Service Account.  

The SMTP TLS settings were BOOTTTLS, so I changed them to none.  I did this for both SourceCode.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection:system@k2.local and SourceCode.Net.Mail.SmtpConnection.   I tried initiating the process again, but am still getting the same error message.

Badge +6

Vernon -

Never mind, I got it to work.  The host name in the settings was incorrect.  Once I corrected it, the notification got sent.

Thanks again for your help.

Craig

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Nice, glad you got this working.

Vernon

Badge +1

Vernon,

Once I make the changes using the ConnectionStringEditor tool, is there anything else that needs done before the changes become valid?  I made the changes suggested (changed from BootTLS to None), but we're still not receiving email on port 25.

Thanks,

Tim

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

you have to stop the K2Service and start it again for the connection string to be encoded again. if it still doesnt work, please check the K2ServerLogs, maybe you have some other issue, provide details on the error thrown in the logs.

HTH

Vernon

Badge +2

Hi Vernon,

I am having a similar issue with accessing the connections strings with the K2 Connection String Tool.

Error Received: Failed to decrypt using provider 'K2ConfigurationKey'. Error message from the provider: Bad Data.

Badge +2

Hi Vernon,

I have a similar problem, I also have copied the Connectionstring editor to Hostserver bin and have tried opening it with the K2 Service Account but get the following message "Failed to decrypt using provider 'K2ConfigurationKey'. Error message from the provider: Bad Data"

Badge +2

Hi Vernon, I have a similar problem, I also have copied the Connectionstring editor to Hostserver bin and have tried opening it with the K2 Service Account but get the following message "Failed to decrypt using provider 'K2ConfigurationKey'. Error message from the provider: Bad Data"