Task doesn't reach all role members

Badge +3

I have a Smart Object that contains a function which retrieves a list of SharePoint users, I used the SmartObject Service Tester to test this function and it is getting the complete list.

I have a K2 role that maps the destinations using this SmartObject Function, but unfortunately the K2 task or Worklist Item doesn't reach all the users.

Example:

The Users that are retrieved by the SmartObject Service Tester:

domainNameUser1, domainNameUser2, domainNameUser3, .... , domainNameUser15

When I check the worklist from the K2 management console, not all the users have the task only some of them.

I removed the SmartObject from the role and added 3 users manually so that the role only contains those three users, and the task reaches the three. 

Does K2 have a maximum number of users in a Role, or maximum number or users per task, if yes where is this configuration?

11 replies

Badge +8

Have you had a look at the Reports, are all the users listed there? Also, check the number of slots available. Is it the same users that get the task all the time or does it vary?

Badge +3

Can you please supply more information about the Reports, I don't know how to check them, or where they are?

By "The Number of slots available" you mean the option in the Distribution Rule Options?

Please find below my configuration to the task

The same users get the task every time, and the same users are ignored!

Badge +13

What's the version of Blackpearl you are running?

We have a random issue with not reaching all destination users mapped to an AD group defined in a role. 

An AD group is assigned to the role, AD group has 3 users in it, when it gets assigned only 1 user showed up under Worklist.

We have not narrowed down what is causing the issue.   We are on 4.6.4.

Badge +3

I am running K2 BlackPearl 4.6.1 (4.12060.1500.0), but I can't upgrade the version now due to issues with the customer.

The issue is duplicated on my Staging and Production Environments.

Badge +3

Another note that may help is that:

I (hardcode) assign a user to the role for example Role1 has User1

Then I wait until the role is updated, and the task goes to User1

I then delete User1 from Role1 and add my SmartObject Call, and I wait again until the role is updated, but the task goes to User1 !! Although I deleted it from the role.

Maybe K2 cashes this User1 somewhere?

Badge +13

See if you have users that should be enabled but are marked as disable.

select * from [K2HostServer].[Identity].[Identity]
where enabled = 0

Badge +3

Unfortunately I the only users that were enabled = 0, where 2 old unused roles.

I checked the Roles I am using and they are enabled = 1

Badge +2

If it is the same users that are getting/not getting the task .. check your log files to be sure the user accounts are able to be resolved properly by K2.

Check your log files here - C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBin

Look specifically to any user resolution error.

Cheers

Bill

Badge +3

Thank you everybody, I opened a support ticket with K2, and the solution was:

"Go to your process, set the destination to a different value (ex. The originator), then deploy afterwards, revert back and set the destination to your role and redeploy and test."

Thanks to Samson John.

Badge +13

So is that a bug that is still in 4.6.5?  (since you are running 4.6.1) 

If we have 20 activities we have to do that for each activity?  

Badge +3

Before I contacted the support, I updated to K2 blackpearl 4.6.5 (4.12060.1550.0), and I have 20 Workflows(WF) each one contains from 2 to 4 activities!! Yes, that is the only working solution I found, anyway I asked them the same question, but they didn't reply yet.

I will update the thread as soon as I get a final reply..