webber77
Novice

Adding Attachment to Sharepoint TaskList

Hi,

Could you please advise me on following issue:
I'm trying to create a new item in SharePoint TaskList using K2 event SharePoint TaskList, wizard loads fine and let me to enter item's name, begin & end periods, some other fields BUT it does not allow me to attach file(s).
Did I miss something or is there any other way to attach files to the Sharepoint lists?

Regards
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ConradK2
Novice

Re: Adding Attachment to Sharepoint TaskList

Hi!

Out of the box the the K2.net SharePoint List event does not allow you to add an attachment to a list. The reason for this is that the SharePoint API used by the event does not allow the attachment. From within SharePoint a different API is used to attach the document.

A workaround that would be to upload the document to a SharePoint document library using the normal K2.net SharePoint Document event template (or the Multiple document event template - Whatever suits you better) Then create your list with a link to the document.
0 Kudos
elizas1
Novice

Re: Adding Attachment to Sharepoint TaskList

A list item in SharePoint can have multiple attachments.  Below is a code snippet in c#.Net to add an attachment to a list item programmatically.

This example demonstrates how a file, uploaded through a file upload control is added as an attachment to a list item.

using (SPSite oSPsite = new SPSite(http://website Url/))

{

using (SPWeb oSPWeb = oSPsite.OpenWeb())

{

oSPWeb.AllowUnsafeUpdates = true;

// Fetch the List

SPList list = oSPWeb.Lists["MyList"];

// Get the List item

SPListItem listItem = list.GetItemById(1);

// Get the Attachment collection

SPAttachmentCollection attachmentCollection = listItem.Attachments;

Stream attachmentStream;

Byte[] attachmentContent;

0 Kudos