Approval Request via shared Email / Group account - not possible??

Badge +11

Hello

I am trying to implement a worklow where the Flexi Task approval request is sent to a shared email (resource).

Somehow not having much luck here and makes me believe that there must be a User account instead.

I created a Permission group called HR Staff (Approval permissions) and within that group I have added the shared email account.  The workflow does send the approval request to that email BUT when trying to approve it shows:

* You are not authorized to respond to this task.

Even although the shared email group has got the Approval permissions.

The Scope:

Currently, there are 3 members of staff who look after the approval process. The workflow does sent an approval request to each of the members > who complain and rather want ONE central approval section. Ideally they want to the approval request to be sent to the shared email account and then be able to approve individually.

My initial thought was to create a Group in domain active directory and then make the workflow send those request to that group. However, the workflow pends at that particular Flexi Task (assigned to: SampleNameGroup) but none of the members of the group receive any email notification for approval.

So, I am kind of stuck and unsure if this is even possible or I am lacking in knowledge to get this sorted.

Please advise.

3 replies

Badge +11

Would appreciate if you guys can add your expertise to this topic.

Can a shared email or a group (from active directory)  be used to approve tasks??

The workflow goes to the particular Flexi Task assigned to domainGroupName and pends in there.

Whereas the users of that GroupName do not receive any emails to approve.

When using the shared email instead; the user cannot approve it.

Until now, I seem not to have much luck!

Any comments . suggestions or have I created the question in the wrong section?

Badge +3
Were you able to resolve this issue?
Badge +12

@bimi82 , @mcamarco 

• Shared mailbox will have the email address, you can add it as external email address
  • If you create the AD group and assign task to it then one will have to login with that account into SharePoint to respond to the task.
  • One thing you can do, is in the flexi task notification, give them the option and link to delegate the task and also give appropriate permission to delegate the task
  • This way when an email is sent to shared mail box, they can click on the link to delegate the task to themselves